PDA

View Full Version : Silicone hoses from SFS in Luton.

siamblue
Wednesday 15th June 2005, 12:06
I am nipping upto Luton tomorrow to visit SFS, They make silicone hoses and are at a very reasonable price,
My reducer on top of the turbo is split internally but not all of the way through yet, So i phoned Volvo and they want £23+vat. SFS price is £14 +vat.
£2 postage for small hoses,
The hoses can be made in different colours if you want that,
They sell the 80mm ducting for the lower dam to airbox at £22+vat per metre.

http://www.sfsperformance.co.uk

Gary

Al115
Wednesday 15th June 2005, 13:11
Let me know how you get on. My parents live about ten minutes away from these guys.

Alastair

Andrew
Wednesday 15th June 2005, 14:37
See if you can convince them to put a Volvo section on their site along with other cars - I reckon they'd get a lot of business - lot of my hoses I'd happily replace :)

BrightonBreezy
Wednesday 15th June 2005, 14:53
I'd definitely be interested if they made a turbo kit for the phase 2 cars. Volvo want £150 for the 3 charge air hoses in boring black (turbo -> overpipe, overpipe->IC, IC->throttle).
Samco don't make a kit for the phase 2 engine.
How many buyers do they need for it to be interesting for them to develop a kit?

siamblue
Wednesday 15th June 2005, 16:19
I will ask them tomorrow,But my car has reverse I/C so will be slightly different if they needed a car to copy from,

Gary

andi's red 850R
Wednesday 15th June 2005, 21:57
sfs do the reverse ic pipe work if anybody wants it,they may say no over the phone.
but just tell them they do the kit for european tuning in holland and they should give you a price.

siamblue
Thursday 16th June 2005, 13:09
Hi Everyone just got back from SFS,
I spoke to David Sargent (Dave) They have over 300 different tools for making the silicone hoses, He said" The reason they didn't do a Volvo because no one has ever asked for them to be made up, So i told him all about this site and the T5 engine on the 850s C/S/V70s, If we can supply him with the hoses that we want made up he can do a kit for us, It will take between 10-20 orders to get a excellent price on these,
Put it like this,I am having a reducer made up for the top turbo hose,and a hose for my reverse I/C pipe to I/C both have to be specially made (1 week turnaround) he said £20 which is less than Volvo wanted just for the top turbo hose,
Let me know folks if anyone has any old hoses laying around,Or i will just take all of my intake hoses off so it can be priced up while i am away ON HOLIDAY and made up,
I know Wobbly has the throttle body idle valve hose which is split but that won't make any difference as it can be used as a template.

Colours i saw there were Yellow for the Gul Red for the Rs Blue and i think they do black,

Gary.

SFS Silicone intake pipes list.
1,Gary (Siamblue)

Andrew
Thursday 16th June 2005, 13:15
I'll replace the lot at those sorts of prices, no doubt he can do the coolant hoses as well. Bring it on and stick me down!

siamblue
Thursday 16th June 2005, 13:29
The coolant hoses have to be coated in fluro something so it doesn't seperate the hose internally same with the fuel hoses, Air is just normal silicone,

Got this from their site.

The premier Motorsport teams regularly select SFS Performance hoses because our silicone rubber is one of the most versatile and resistant polymers, making it ideal for the under bonnet environment. It handles extremes of temperature (-60°C to +220°C) and has excellent resistance to UV, water, ozone and oxygen.

At SFS Performance we use specially formulated compounds to ensure good tensile strength and excellent resistance to compression set. We reinforce our hoses with Polyester or Nomex™, enabling our products to handle higher pressures than standard black rubber hoses.

SFS Silicone intake pipes list.
1,Gary (Siamblue) INTAKE
2, Andrew INTAKE/COOLANT

Andrew
Thursday 16th June 2005, 13:56
Volvo Blue I think.

BrightonBreezy
Thursday 16th June 2005, 14:57
I'm definitely interested in the turbo/charge air hoses and probably others. With some warning I could lend out my hoses Mon-Fri to allow moulds to be made.

You'll need to collect info about exactly which engines people have and get hold of a sample set for each engine. There's quite a few variations in just the turbo hoses used on the T5 engines over the years. eg. pre-ME7, post-ME7, early-phase 2, late-phase 2, reverse IC, etc.

Mines an early phase 2 T5.

siamblue
Thursday 16th June 2005, 15:44
I'm definitely interested in the turbo/charge air hoses and probably others. With some warning I could lend out my hoses Mon-Fri to allow moulds to be made.

You'll need to collect info about exactly which engines people have and get hold of a sample set for each engine. There's quite a few variations in just the turbo hoses used on the T5 engines over the years. eg. pre-ME7, post-ME7, early-phase 2, late-phase 2, reverse IC, etc.

Mines an early phase 2 T5.

Rob i was going to keep it to the pre Me7, But if the hoses are simple in build then that shouldn't be a problem,But your hoses will be the template if you so wish,
I will use all of my hoses for the Pre Me7,

SFS Silicone intake pipes list. PRE ME7 T5 1995-1998
1, Gary (Siamblue) INTAKE
2, Andrew INTAKE/COOLANT

SFS Silicone intake pipes list. Early phase 2 T5
1, Robb (Brighton Breezy) colour ?

BrightonBreezy
Thursday 16th June 2005, 17:00
Gary,
Perhaps we can get one person with an interest to coordinate each batch. I'll happily do it for my engine. I'm not in any great rush so I'd like to see how you get on first then I'll rustle up some buyers for my variation.

Maybe when you've got a better idea of prices & timeframes you could start a new thread to gather buyers for your particular engine variation.

siamblue
Friday 17th June 2005, 10:29
Well 2 things i know he needs all of the intake pipes,So i will happily oblige him with my set when i declare SORN on the car,Then he can email me back and we can get it up and running, No interest of yet, But it is a damn sight cheaper than OE and will be cheaper than Samco too.

Gary.

PS It would be of great help Robb to do your own type of hoses.

swordy21
Friday 17th June 2005, 12:39
I am deffo interested in both the turbo and coolant kits for pre ME7 V70. Sadly though I don't have any spare hoses, as I use my car daily.

Blue I like. Am slowly (very) going thru and changing all the vac hoses to blue silicone, and this set would really finish off the look.

siamblue
Friday 17th June 2005, 13:19
I am deffo interested in both the turbo and coolant kits for pre ME7 V70. Sadly though I don't have any spare hoses, as I use my car daily.

Blue I like. Am slowly (very) going thru and changing all the vac hoses to blue silicone, and this set would really finish off the look.

Swordy that is what i have done too, But the larger intakes i am keeping Black,
No worries about the hoses mine are the donor ones.

Gary

rs_andy
Friday 17th June 2005, 13:24
I'd like some nice blue charge/air hoses for my ME7 S70 but mine is also my daily driver, maybe someone has a spare set lying around somewhere?

SAMXPJ
Friday 17th June 2005, 16:27
Put me down for a set of charge/air hoses in blue for pre ME7 s70