PDA

View Full Version : Speaker troubles?

Flatout Phil
Thursday 31st December 2009, 21:20
On both my R and T5 the speaker in the rear right-hand passenger door does not seem to work properly when I turn the balance knob to the right and have the front rear balance set to mid or rear, I get no sound out of either the rear door speaker or the rear tweeter in the boot pillar. Is this a common fault - if so is it a head unit or speaker issue (I have the standard issue SC type head unit)? Any solution welcomed.

linkin582
Thursday 31st December 2009, 23:01
mine is a little funny.i lent a mates head unit out his t5 to rule it out. it was still playing up so it was the speaker.

cameron
Friday 1st January 2010, 01:40
Change the speaker matey £10 for a pair delivered on Fleabay :D

p fandango
Friday 1st January 2010, 09:10
i've got some new OEM speakers in the garage, i'll see which one's they are. I'd upgrade them tho tbh

Flatout Phil
Friday 1st January 2010, 09:28
Any recommendations on speakers? Always think Volvo ones are OK so don't want to get something less good.

p fandango
Friday 1st January 2010, 09:36
Any recommendations on speakers? Always think Volvo ones are OK so don't want to get something less good.
just realised i made special adaptors up to fit a 5" Kenwood component set in the rear of BT, but it looks like you can buy adaptors to fit universal speakers now LINK (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SAK3213-Volvo-850-Rear-Door-Grill-Speaker-Adaptors_W0QQitemZ230343069946QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU K_CarsParts_Vehicles_FasciaPlates_SM?hash=item35a1 8450fa)

personally i like Kenwood, but a good quality universal set from any of the major manufactures is going to be a better speaker than original

Babybadger
Friday 1st January 2010, 21:17
Will drop mine around tomorrow morning