PDA

View Full Version : surround sound

reg c70 t5 gt
Thursday 31st December 2009, 15:13
hi all,great site found lots of helpful addvive whilst browsing over the last year and half.my car is a 2000 c70 t5 gt convertible in black,with black and grey two tone interior .since owning the car i have added a set of comets,projector headlights,strut brace,changed the reddish wood trim for the piano wood with matching leather and wood steering wheel.my next mod is to add the surroud sound speaker and decoder.i have just bought the dash top with centre speaker and decoder box.i thought it would be a strait forward plug and play.the radio is a sc901 and has the, i think its 12 speakers allready.i know the decoder plugs into socket at the rear marked bolby,but the cable from the speaker where does that fit?all the other sockets at the rear of radio are allready occupied including the green one.anyone have any addvice please?thanks reg

p fandango
Thursday 31st December 2009, 15:19
the centre speaker is powered directly off the radio, all the others come off the amplifier

reg c70 t5 gt
Thursday 31st December 2009, 16:18
thanks,i think i read that somewhere, and that the green socket is the one that powers the centre speaker.the connector on the centre speaker cable does"nt fit into the green socket. does that mean because the green socket is allready occupied i would need to splice the centre speaker cable into the connection allready there?

p fandango
Thursday 31st December 2009, 19:09
thanks,i think i read that somewhere, and that the green socket is the one that powers the centre speaker.the connector on the centre speaker cable does"nt fit into the green socket. does that mean because the green socket is allready occupied i would need to splice the centre speaker cable into the connection allready there?
no you shouldn't need to splice into anything. I've got Dolby on the S60 & its got a seperate control for the centre channel volume so it runs off its own

reg c70 t5 gt
Friday 1st January 2010, 05:35
if the green socket is only for the centre speaker ,why is there a cable in there allready? is it be possible that the cable allredy in the green socket is pre- wired ready for the speaker and cable that i have? similar to the pre wired cd changer cable.thanks

p fandango
Friday 1st January 2010, 09:06
if the green socket is only for the centre speaker ,why is there a cable in there allready? is it be possible that the cable allredy in the green socket is pre- wired ready for the speaker and cable that i have? similar to the pre wired cd changer cable.thanks
tbh my Dolby was fitted from the factory so no idea on which socket it is to use. There are a few things that are pre-loomed up ready for accessory's, compare the wire you've got from your centre channel to that coming out of the radio, does the wire look the same? Is the plug the same? Does the radio support centre channel? If the wire is not of the same thickness then i'd of thought its not being used as a speaker wire etc?

reg c70 t5 gt
Sunday 3rd January 2010, 08:22
all sorted.centr speaker is pre wired.the connection is tucked up behind the the small grill next to the heated mirror switch.everything all conected up now and working fine.thanks again for the interest.now just need to sort out the heater now,allways plays up wheen its freezing just when you need it most