PDA

View Full Version : water sensor

leet5r
Thursday 31st December 2009, 12:47
does any 1 know how to get the water level sensor off the dash. i have changed the sensor and its still on the dash . its been on since i had the the head gasket done and replaced the sensor. about 3000 miles ago cheers

cameron
Thursday 31st December 2009, 12:50
Is it not built in to the water bottle / expansion tank thingy ?

When my light comes on i just top the water up and it goes off.

leet5r
Thursday 31st December 2009, 13:02
when my head gasket went, the sensor was disconected so it was off on the dash. i have changed all the bits and stuff and its still on the water level is on max on the header tank but the light is still on and i want it off lol , am goin to try disconnectin the ecu over night cos al not be using the car tomo like lol

cameron
Thursday 31st December 2009, 13:44
Take the bulb out ;)

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 31st December 2009, 14:07
Is the float stuck inside the header tank? The float has a magnet (or something) in it I guess and when it drops to a certain level it triggers the sensor. If the float is stuck at the bottom of the tank (due to crap around it or whatever) then it will give a permanent light.

I got a new tank for mine from Rufe, was only £25, and obviously has a new float inside.

If you rattle the tank (with no water in it, you'll have to drain some off) you can hear it and sometimes see it if you look at it in the light

leet5r
Thursday 31st December 2009, 17:04
Is the float stuck inside the header tank? The float has a magnet (or something) in it I guess and when it drops to a certain level it triggers the sensor. If the float is stuck at the bottom of the tank (due to crap around it or whatever) then it will give a permanent light.

I got a new tank for mine from Rufe, was only £25, and obviously has a new float inside.

If you rattle the tank (with no water in it, you'll have to drain some off) you can hear it and sometimes see it if you look at it in the light

cheers m8 av just washed the car and its inthe garage till sat now so its sittin there with the ecu pulled out see if that works if not al get a header tank cos the sensor in new from volvo

t5 stealth
Thursday 31st December 2009, 17:09
get a coat hanger & make it into a hook,
put it inside the resovoir botle & lift up the float...chack if the light goes off,then you will know if its the sensor.