PDA

View Full Version : Alarm !

BLAZER
Tuesday 14th June 2005, 23:35
Hi Guys

1999 V70 R AWD

The dash-top alarm light on my car flashes for about 20 seconds when I turn on the ignition.

Owner’s manual says that this is to indicate an alarm malfunction however the alarm is working fine.

Does any one know what this my be? Or if there is a way of resetting and cancelling this?

Thanks

Blazer.

mraldonnelly
Wednesday 15th June 2005, 08:53
Hi Blazer,

You say the alarm is working perfectly but you can't really be sure. It could be a malfunction in the movement sensors, tilt sensor, glass break sensor etc. You won't know whether or not many of these parts work until they are put to the test (the movement one's easy but I don't fancy testing the glass sensor!).

I'm assuming that there are fault codes for the alarm system in which case you'll need to get them read to determine the malfunction.

Good luck

Andy

p fandango
Wednesday 15th June 2005, 13:56
You won't know whether or not many of these parts work until they are put to the test (the movement one's easy but I don't fancy testing the glass sensor!).
to test the glass break tap a window a few times quite quickly with a coin, the sensors detect the frequency thats created when glass breaks, the tapping is a close enough sound to trigger it