PDA

View Full Version : Difinitive guide on squeaking heater blower

cameron
Thursday 31st December 2009, 02:07
As above if anybodys done it and can talk me through step by step ?

i know the glove box has to come out but then im stuck and pedros ( cheers buddy ) picture doesnt give me much indication of how to get the bloody thing out.

Thing is its driving me nuts the fan has to be on full before it stops squeaking, it really needs sorting big time.

If no joy here i'll just go and rip everything out, like i normally do ;)

Al115
Thursday 31st December 2009, 10:44
It's dead easy. I can't remember the details (I last did one a few years ago) but it's glove-box out, unclip the wiring, remove a few bolts and hey presto. Not a lot to worry about!

A torch is handy :)

Tomcat
Thursday 31st December 2009, 11:05
Ditto, it looks a hell of a lot more complicated than it actualy is, once you get the wiring unclipped and out of the way it's fairly straight forward.

cameron
Thursday 31st December 2009, 11:52
Cheers guys i'll have a bash later :D

Oh another thing whats the best thing to use to stop the squeaking ? Grease / WD :confused:

Tomcat
Thursday 31st December 2009, 13:10
Don't use WD it will just evaporate and you'll end up in the same boat again, grease is too thick and you won't get it in. Get yourself some 3 in 1 oil, you'll only have a tiny hole to put some in but a couple of drops will do, it shut mine up.

cameron
Thursday 31st December 2009, 13:55
Nice one craig, i have some of that very oil in me shed, right now wheres my shed keys :confused:

cameron
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 22:11
Right i got this far tonight when i got home..............

http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo159/cameron793/P010110_1445.jpg

Where do i go from here ?

Ive bought some 3 in 1 oil ready for the next step :B_thumb:

Cheers

t5 pete
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 22:19
hi lee i always find it best when you get to this step to get the wire snips out lol
I have ever done it but i would geuss unclip the wireing so its accesible to remove.

Tomcat
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 22:30
As Pete's suggested, cut the cable ties that are securing the wiring into the S shaped ducting on the back of the housing, after that it's just a case of undoing the screws around the outside edge of the heater motor (the black part), you should have enough room to wriggle the heater motor out of the housing. On the back there's a small screw with a washer, (In the middle of the photo), undo this and put a couple of dops of oil into the hole(not a lot), leave it to soak for a while and then put it all back together.

t5 pete
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 22:33
As Pete's suggested, cut the cable ties that are securing the wiring into the S shaped ducting on the back of the housing, after that it's just a case of undoing the screws around the outside edge of the heater motor (the black part), you should have enough room to wriggle the heater motor out of the housing. On the back there's a small screw with a washer, (In the middle of the photo), undo this and put a couple of dops of oil into the hole(not a lot), leave it to soak for a while and then put it all back together.

LMAO i was meaning cutting all the wires (as a joke) but once again no one gets what i mean lol

t5 pete
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 22:34
oy lee wheres my thanks lol

cameron
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 22:35
Cheers Craig :B_thumb:

Pete my days of act first think and cry later are well gone, wire snips are in a box with a bif ££££in padlock on it ;)

I'm hoping i may have a new job next week, i'm doing a weeks trial at the minute, so may be able to afford a few wee bits before York.

t5 pete
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 22:38
Thats good lee i hope the job goes well its been a whie so will be good to catch up

t5 pete
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 22:40
what would you like to do with the vovlo

cameron
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 22:45
Exhaust is first, then a 302 set up, followed closely by some coilovers or some sort of suspension upgrade anyway, got standard T5 shocks with the T5R springs i bought off you so its 20mm lower already but want a bit more.

I'll start saving then for a larger turbo, injectors, custom remap etc etc.

Job is a mechanic again, its going ok so far but working in freezing temps is no good :grumpy:

Its like a proper old school place, looks like it hasnt been touched since 1960, but they have 4 ramps, an mot bay in its own building and its always busy.

Only draw back is i needed all my own tools and its now im realising jusy how much stuff i need to buy.

The moneys good if i start though at £350 a week, so fingers crossed.

t5 pete
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 22:50
yeah a good wage as for the tools it can cost you a fortune tyr using machine mart as they have a lifetime gaurentee on there pro range

Tomcat
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 22:52
Glad you finally got a decent job Lee, I hope it works out for you.

cameron
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 22:53
Cheers Pete.

They said if they take me on i can have a big Snap on tool chest thats sat in the corner looking sorry for itself, its about 6ft tall, its huge.

But if its free and its empty, i'll have it :B_thumb:

cameron
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 22:54
I havent got the job yet craig, its a weeks trial through the job center till friday then they will let me know whats happening.

Its looking a bit better after today though as one of the lads walked off the job never to return.

t5 pete
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 22:55
yeah and you would be talking at least 2k for a new one of them so get it lol

cameron
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 22:56
£2k for an empty tool chest :yikes:

Tomcat
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 22:59
I bought a second hand Snap on tool chest (a small one) and that cost me £150... Snapon stuff is REALLY expensive.

t5 pete
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 23:02
imho dont set up a snap on account as it can get you into debt big style if you want snap on buy it as you can afford it

Tomcat
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 23:27
I have/did have a snap on account, you can defo get into big time debt, especialy when it's £130 for a set of spanners......

phil_woods
Wednesday 13th January 2010, 07:16
There is also the snap on man lee. Get all the tools you need and pay him on the drip! Good luck with the trial I hope it all goes well matey.

cameron
Wednesday 13th January 2010, 23:58
The guy i work with was telling me about the infamous Snap-on man today.

He was supposed to come in but never got round to it.

Because ive been unemployed for over 6 months the job center have said they can help towards tools but i have to go to one specific place.

The shop in question is very expensive, and im not sure what the JC will allow me.

I have the basics but need a lot more, im hoping they can help me out.

Anywho i'll keep you guys informed :D