PDA

View Full Version : V70 Front Bumper

drax
Monday 28th December 2009, 10:22
All,

I need to replace headlight blubs, but have to remove the front bumper first, so I can un-mount the light unit.
I know that there are a series of nuts to remove, but how in the hell do I get the plastic strips out on either side on the bumper.

Ta

cornclose
Monday 28th December 2009, 10:26
Is there a V70 that has to have the bumper removed to change bulbs? It can be done on mine very easily within 5 mins!

drax
Monday 28th December 2009, 10:30
The blubs in question are for the Day light running lights which are stuck behind the chassis, so can't get to them without removing the unit.

I'm not going to go to a dealership to have them replace when I should be able to do them myself.

v70torslanda
Monday 28th December 2009, 17:17
Assuming a facelifted 05 on model. Are we talking about the orange marker lamps on the side of the headlamp assembly where it meets the wing? Outboard/behind the indicator? Aren't they LEDs?

If it is any other bulb then it will be fiddly but not so bad you need to remove the headlamp . . .

drax
Tuesday 29th December 2009, 14:07
Assuming a facelifted 05 on model. Are we talking about the orange marker lamps on the side of the headlamp assembly where it meets the wing? Outboard/behind the indicator? Aren't they LEDs?

If it is any other bulb then it will be fiddly but not so bad you need to remove the headlamp . . .

Yep it's the orange marker lamps - can't see any way to get to them without taking the unit out.

v70torslanda
Tuesday 29th December 2009, 14:58
Check with your main dealer.

I'm pretty certain that they are LEDs, in which case, if they've failed, you'll need new headlamps!!!!!

BIGGGGGGGGGGG BUCKS! Euro Car Parts £175 ex vat. (Don't even ask about HIDs)

Just a thought, being ex-plod, it doesn't need the day runners switching on again, does it? Do the triple LED side markers work in the rear lamps?

J

richiemat
Tuesday 29th December 2009, 20:58
All,

I need to replace headlight blubs, but have to remove the front bumper first, so I can un-mount the light unit.
I know that there are a series of nuts to remove, but how in the hell do I get the plastic strips out on either side on the bumper.

Ta

Doesnt show the bolts you refer to but is useful for the rest of the process.

http://forums.t5d5.org/topic/8599-front-bumper-removal/

Rich

drax
Sunday 3rd January 2010, 15:54
Check with your main dealer.

I'm pretty certain that they are LEDs, in which case, if they've failed, you'll need new headlamps!!!!!

BIGGGGGGGGGGG BUCKS! Euro Car Parts £175 ex vat. (Don't even ask about HIDs)

Just a thought, being ex-plod, it doesn't need the day runners switching on again, does it? Do the triple LED side markers work in the rear lamps?

J

All the side markers are working expect for this one - So I guess it's blown.