PDA

View Full Version : Screen wiper issue

ChrisMClark
Monday 28th December 2009, 10:08
I'm having a problem with my driver side windscreen wiper. It works fine on the lower 2/3 of the screen, but the blade lifts and doesn't sipe the top third in the upper right corner. I've changed the blade but this hasn't helped. Do I need a new wiper arm, or do I just need to adjust the one that's there?

Al115
Monday 28th December 2009, 10:36
The wiper arms are known to lose their tension... have a search around, I'm sure there's an article on how to fix that.

5seaterT5x2
Monday 28th December 2009, 10:37
I'm having a problem with my driver side windscreen wiper. It works fine on the lower 2/3 of the screen, but the blade lifts and doesn't sipe the top third in the upper right corner. I've changed the blade but this hasn't helped. Do I need a new wiper arm, or do I just need to adjust the one that's there?

i have the same problem and according to my nephew who runs his own garage it's the mechanism and arm underneath the panel at the back of the engine in front of the windscreen i might get in there one day and have a look ;-/

Al115
Monday 28th December 2009, 10:46
If you go over to the Volvo Owners Club forum, they've got a PDF on the whole system that might help you out:
http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/tech/service/850/WiperWasherSystem.pdf

ChrisMClark
Monday 28th December 2009, 12:22
Superb guys, cheers!

Tomcat
Monday 28th December 2009, 12:37
This is an old problem, here's what to do....

Turn the wipers on and then turn the ignition off when they reach the top of the screen, towards the bottom of the drivers side wiper arm there is a sharp bend, give this a good shove inwards (towards the screen), the arm should give and the blade should fit flat against the screen again. I had this problem on my first 850, this cure the problem for good on mine.

Hope this helps.

ChrisMClark
Monday 28th December 2009, 12:44
Gleaming, I'll give it a go in a bit!

Edit: And awesome gallery in your sig Tom!