PDA

View Full Version : key fob issues

mightywolf
Sunday 27th December 2009, 22:10
the other day I went out to put somethingin my car, unlocked it with the fob put the stuff in it pressed the fob to lock it and.........nothing. thried and tried but refused to do anything. I presumed the battery was flat so i changed it but still nothing! Its a 98 v70 t5 cd and the fob is the 3 button one with lock and unlock next to each other and a boot button underneath. I've searched the forums but can't seem to find a thread for my fob. I tried the ignition on/off 5 times trick but doesn't seem to do anything. Its just strange that it went so quickly out of the blue. It was working fine one minute and then it wasn't. Any ideas???

Marvin
Sunday 27th December 2009, 23:40
I think the 5 times on and off with the ignition is just for the 2 button type fobs, our 3 button ones are Volvo dealer recoding (arm and a leg). I dont have any real ideas as to why it stopped working other than checking the inside of the fob is clean and dry with no obvious signs of damage.

mightywolf
Monday 28th December 2009, 14:14
Yeah I opened the fob up and it was fine. Clean with no signs of any damage. Even had a close look at the little circuit board bit to see if I could see any signs of anything burnt but all fine. I'm gonna take it to a guy I know who does key cutting and re-coding today to see if theres anyting he can do.

mightywolf
Tuesday 29th December 2009, 18:55
looks like its gonna be a dealer jobby. :( i'm dreading how much they quote.

mightywolf
Sunday 3rd January 2010, 14:09
well i'm glad i never got around to going to the dealers. It just randomly started working again! The missus went to get something out of the car and it worked. And i works better than it did before! Work that one out :)