PDA

View Full Version : RTI system can you make it play DVD's??

volvokid
Saturday 26th December 2009, 13:35
I want to play DVD movies on the C70's RTI system surely there is an upgrade to allow this, or could I possibly some how burn a DVD to disk and make the system think it's a nav map? The system is to fancy just to play maps, plus with having the dolby It would be pretty good.

mds
Monday 11th January 2010, 16:38
Been tried a lot, you cant play DVD's on the Nav system to many software issues. You can fit an interface IMIV or similar and have a DVD changer mounted in the boot but you cant watch while driving the cut out will operate over 5mph just like it does for the TV function..
You can run a rear monitor or headrest moitors this way though.

LeeT5
Monday 22nd February 2010, 03:45
So let me get this straight....

I have an '03 V70R with a DVD based RTI sat nav. I have been to the iMIV website and whilst it would appear that it can be done, it's not really clear to me. What would i need to basically watch DVD's on my existing RTI screen? i know that my HU-803 has the facility for 'TV' on it via a firmware update? Is that correct or am i miles off?
I am very interested in this project, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Also are there any places in UK that do these 'adaptor type boxes' that will mean no shipping tax etc...

Thanks in advance, any info welcome. :B_thumb:

HammyUK
Monday 22nd February 2010, 10:52
The HU-803 has TV using a TV tuner on the Melbus system under the boot floor just behind the rear seat on the passenger side not firmware.

LeeT5
Monday 22nd February 2010, 21:13
The HU-803 has TV using a TV tuner on the Melbus system under the boot floor just behind the rear seat on the passenger side not firmware.

Cool! So if i don't need software, what do i need? Sorry - i am not thick but i want to understand exactly what it is i need to spend before i spend it. If it's gonna cost me £1000 to do then i won't bother. Is this 'melbus' connector easy to find?

HammyUK
Monday 22nd February 2010, 21:37
You need the TV tuner itself, the cable to connect it to the RTI and the power loom.

LeeT5
Monday 22nd February 2010, 21:57
You need the TV tuner itself, the cable to connect it to the RTI and the power loom.

Ok..

Can you recommend or know of a company (in the Uk) that does such a thing or am i needing to get a particular type of tuner? Also, whom do i get the cables from? Never done this type of thing before....i am more a spanners man - sorry. You may have to be more specific :)

HammyUK
Monday 22nd February 2010, 22:05
Volvo bud - nothing else fits.
Been a coupleon Ebay recently.

LeeT5
Monday 22nd February 2010, 22:10
Volvo bud - nothing else fits.
Been a coupleon Ebay recently.

What about these?

http://www.imiv.ca/cms/index.php?id=27

mds
Monday 22nd February 2010, 22:31
This saga started for me when I asked Volvo if they planned a Digital upgrade for the TV facility fitted in my V70.
I have eventually been in contact with the guy who designed the rear seat system for Volvo. Good news he is based in the UK even better news after talking to him he can fit Digital TV (that Volvo dont seem interested in) DVD and even better a Garmin Harddrive Sat Nav.
I am not at my main machine when I am I will post his contact details if you want them.
dave

LeeT5
Monday 22nd February 2010, 22:43
This saga started for me when I asked Volvo if they planned a Digital upgrade for the TV facility fitted in my V70.
I have eventually been in contact with the guy who designed the rear seat system for Volvo. Good news he is based in the UK even better news after talking to him he can fit Digital TV (that Volvo dont seem interested in) DVD and even better a Garmin Harddrive Sat Nav.
I am not at my main machine when I am I will post his contact details if you want them.
dave

That would be fantastic! Great, cheers man :)

mds
Wednesday 24th February 2010, 14:03
Hi
The contact details are Peter Rogers peter@designervisionandsound.com

He has quoted me £699 to upgrade the Navigation to a Garmin Hardrive system and upgrade to Digital TV he offers a shed load of other stuff as well if you really want to be gadget man

Dave