PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pipe

cameron
Friday 25th December 2009, 22:53
Ive recently replaced all my 4-5mm vac lines with new Fuel Pipe.

Is this a good idea ?

The way i see it is that its a thicker hose so should take the strain better and last longer :confused:

It only cost £3.50 a meter so not a lot of money, which i like :D

And it seems to boost loads better as well, before it was going to the end of the white section in the boost gauge but now its about 2-3mm off the end and seems a bit quicker.

Any info would be greatly appreciated as usual, from the best volvo performance site on the web.

Unlike other sites that claim to be the best ;)

p fandango
Friday 25th December 2009, 23:00
yeh i used internally braided fuel hose for my vac lines on BT, i had alot of problems with silicone ones as they are too flexible & split easy

cameron
Friday 25th December 2009, 23:25
Ah so a decent mod then if ive had the 304 done, should cope better with the much higher boost :B_thumb:

Al115
Friday 25th December 2009, 23:38
Those thin (non-braided) silicone lines are a bit of a joke if used for anything on the pressure side tbh... I can't help but wonder how much energy is wasted expanding the hoses rather than moving the car up the road, and of course it's just a waiting game until they go pop, that's why all the boost gauge manufacturers supply rigid pipe :D

cameron
Friday 25th December 2009, 23:40
The fuel line seems a lot stronger i could hardly close it between my fingers but the blue silicone was really soft and very easy to close up with my fingers.

So all in all a decent wee mod then, and only £7, bargain :D

linkin582
Saturday 26th December 2009, 09:45
i know what im doing today now !!!!!!! dont think her indoors will be happy thou !!!!!

cameron
Sunday 27th December 2009, 13:02
Tell her too shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusshhhhhhh !!!!!! :hidesbehi

p fandango
Sunday 27th December 2009, 13:33
Tell her too shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusshhhhhhh !!!!!! :hidesbehi
brave man lol

linkin582
Sunday 27th December 2009, 21:28
not worth the ear full i would get !!!