PDA

View Full Version : C70 T5 GT For Sale

wez evans
Thursday 24th December 2009, 12:35
Hey guys i`m having to sell my 1998 "S REG" on private plate , C70 auto in purple/mouve colour any one want to make me a decent offer ? it has done 117K has 4 decent 6mm + tyres full service history and had the belts done last year.

but there is a fault ! the other month the ets light came on we have driven it with the odd stall now and then but now got to point its gone into limp mode.

spoken to volvo the etm unit is £153 with gasget and latest software. if i fit myself.
and the updated software up loaded for you is £46.20

only prob is i aint got time to do or able to get to dealer for upload so have had to go and buy a temp motor as work is screaming at me !

open to sensible offers this is/was our favourite car we have ever owned !

Private plate J90 JOF we have it spaced to say J 90JO F , "wifes initals on each end " and go jo as seen. plate was valued the other month at £900 this will come with the car as to much hassel at mo to remove. so ideal if your name is jo and your surname starts with F ?

email me on wjpe@live.co.uk for pics or call on 07896 683901

car is located in stockport nr manchester

regards
wes

T5ER
Thursday 24th December 2009, 14:31
a rough ball park figure maybe a good idea mate, also try autotrader,gumtree and piston heads

wez evans
Thursday 24th December 2009, 14:47
i aint got a clue open to offers i`m thick skined , will also look at mentioned sites .
thanks
wes

T5ER
Thursday 24th December 2009, 14:51
i know woblly was thinking of selling his on a V plate and it was mint for £2750, so i would think around the £1800 for yours, sorry if it seems offensive but his was modded very nicely indeed

wez evans
Thursday 24th December 2009, 15:00
if some one offers me any where near £1800 i will snap hands off as need car asap. will be looking at another T5 very soon though !!
thanks
wes

T5ER
Thursday 24th December 2009, 15:43
it is a very nice motor wes, should sell no worries mate

wez evans
Thursday 24th December 2009, 15:54
Thank you kind sir ! and seasons greatings etc etc

wez evans
Friday 25th December 2009, 09:08
Been offered £950 what do you all think ?

volvokid
Friday 25th December 2009, 12:38
I think thats a very cheap car at that get him over the 1k mark

BigV
Friday 25th December 2009, 13:44
i know woblly was thinking of selling his on a V plate and it was mint for £2750, so i would think around the £1800 for yours, sorry if it seems offensive but his was modded very nicely indeed

I sold one which was cat-c, it was fairly tidy but needed a wheel bearing a couple of months back for about 1k...... hard to compare but totally clean ones are selling (or not!) for less than 2k. ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2000-Volvo-C70-T5-FULL-LEATHER-TRIM_W0QQitemZ280433053353QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutom obiles_UK?hash=item414b1ccea9 )

No way is it worth 1800.... I would expect a working one for that money...... people are a bit scared of electrical type faults as well, would probably be easier to sell if it was fixed first?

Might be worth spending the £200 to get a better asking price??

I would probably take the £950 as it is, then again I always seem to end up selling my cars for 200 - 300 less than I paid.... so maybe you should hold out for £1250 or so.

volvokid
Friday 25th December 2009, 15:02
No wonder our cars are worth peanuts, people don’t like putting there hands in there pockets to pay for what was a 30K + car I know its old now but what the hell would you get for that money in Norway, a pair of running shows I would think.

BigV
Friday 25th December 2009, 17:08
No wonder our cars are worth peanuts, people don’t like putting there hands in there pockets to pay for what was a 30K + car I know its old now but what the hell would you get for that money in Norway, a pair of running shows I would think.

True............ The c70 is a well kept secret I think, for less than 2k you can get a tidy one, parked up on the driveway with a personal number plate they still look like a very expensive car...... they have aged very well compared to the classic V/S70 IMHO

Thing is if you can afford the running costs then you can probably afford the more expensive car anyway!