PDA

View Full Version : S80 D5 Running Problem

asbo1980
Wednesday 23rd December 2009, 15:42
Ive had to borrow a S80 D5 2005 from work as i wrote my C70 off on Sunday during the bad snow fall.
Basically this S80 is running like crap compared to last time i drove it. It is lacking the acceleration and power it used to have and also when cold it especially struggles to accelerate.
Any ideas what to try? It also has on the message display "Emissions High Service Required"
It is regulary serviced by work and even at high mileage of 182000 it was a great car just a few months back.

C70 GTT5
Wednesday 23rd December 2009, 15:47
Do these cars have an air mass meter?
if so try cleaning that out, and check the air filter, this problem was common on the old saab diesels.

Liddo
Wednesday 23rd December 2009, 15:49
MAF??? O2 Sensor???

Try unplugging the maf as the car is running and see if it makes any difference. If it doesnt, and the car still feels crap, its probably that.

Someone on here might have a better idea, but thats my 2 penneth worth ;)

C70 GTT5
Wednesday 23rd December 2009, 15:51
MAF??? O2 Sensor???

Try unplugging the maf as the car is running and see if it makes any difference. If it doesnt, and the car still feels crap, its probably that.

Someone on here might have a better idea, but thats my 2 penneth worth ;)
maf, 02 sensor, air mass meter, how many different names does this part have! :crazy:

asbo1980
Wednesday 23rd December 2009, 17:07
just pluggd it in to my code reader and has two faults, both engine. Has anyone a link please where i can look up the codes. thanks

timbo_1975
Wednesday 23rd December 2009, 17:11
Failed MAF's and burst intercooers / boost pipes are fairly common- is it hissing under load?

asbo1980
Wednesday 6th January 2010, 09:56
Yes it is Hissing funny enough especially on acceleration. have an idea what it is then?

Redbrick
Wednesday 6th January 2010, 12:36
Hissing could be split intercooler or split boost pipe. The one off the turbo heading down the back was split on mine recently (along with a split intercooler). Best to check all boost hoses at that mileage.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y132/apurnell1970/f1b29592.jpg

thebadger
Wednesday 6th January 2010, 12:45
The only time I went to Volvo to have my ETM cleaned they left the return hose loose, so I got about 500 yards up a main road only to get massive hissing & a loud "pop" which stopped the engine & left me stuck in busy traffic with no ability to shift her.

Long & short is thatthe hose could be loose, or split. Check it carefully both fore and aft of the engine bay.