PDA

View Full Version : Bulb failure alert 99 C70

craig T5
Friday 18th December 2009, 22:21
Hey folks. Since I got my C70, the bulb tell tale has always came on when the lights are on. The previous owner fitted some HIDS. I asked him when I test drove the car why the light was on, he said the was a bulb out at the rear. All the bulbs work fine, my thought is it may be because he fitted HIDS. Can anyone shed some light on the subject :D

On a side note, one of the headlight wipers is broken, does anyone have one for sale, or can someone point me in the direction of a replacement.

Thanks

T5ER
Friday 18th December 2009, 22:24
it is because of the hids, iirc you have to do something in the fuse box, storm troll and a couple of others have said about this i think

p fandango
Friday 18th December 2009, 22:24
if you've got HID's fitted they can throw a bulb failure light if you haven't got the correct shunt fitted for it, if you've got no other bulbs out then thats what my money is on. You can drill the original shunt but can't remember where the instructions are to do it

craig T5
Friday 18th December 2009, 22:25
Thanks for the speedy reply mate. I will have a search for the solution.

cameron
Friday 18th December 2009, 22:25
Welcome Craig first off :D

The headlights fixed very easily matey..............

Read this taken from a Fleabay ad - Our latest kits use their digital trickery to get past 99% of all blown bulb sensors found on modern cars so you should have no problem at all, but should you be an unfortunate one or should you have any other kit that is giving problems with the warning light on the dash then we can now offer a small canceller unit that plugs in-line to the HID kits using the existing fitting plugs so it is really a 1 min job!

Where you live abouts?

Theres Readview in Accrington or theres Nads or Chad down Brummy way all 3 could have the headlight wipers your after.

All are members on here and details are in the traders section :B_thumb:

p fandango
Friday 18th December 2009, 22:29
The headlights fixed very easily matey..............

Read this taken from a Fleabay ad - Our latest kits use their digital trickery to get past 99% of all blown bulb sensors found on modern cars so you should have no problem at all, but should you be an unfortunate one or should you have any other kit that is giving problems with the warning light on the dash then we can now offer a small canceller unit that plugs in-line to the HID kits using the existing fitting plugs so it is really a 1 min job!
someone has already tried the cancellor units & they didn't work mate

craig T5
Friday 18th December 2009, 22:29
I am from Ayr, Scotland mate. You were originally from Prestwick IIRC?

cameron
Friday 18th December 2009, 22:30
Heres a link for the cancellers that you may need £15 all in seems a bargain and they are plug n play stylee

HID Cancellers (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aftermarket-HID-H-I-D-KIT-warning-light-canceller-x2_W0QQitemZ160357296377QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cars Parts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item25560a28f9)

Ah i see Pedro, didnt see that post before i posted this, worth a try though :confused:

Yeah mate Prestwick boy, i remember talking to you before now.

T5ER
Friday 18th December 2009, 22:31
will see if i can find the fix for the shunt drilling lol

p fandango
Friday 18th December 2009, 22:32
Ah i see Pedro, didnt see that post before i posted this, worth a try though :confused:
sure it was Jase who ordered them & ended up sending them back because he still got the failure message

T5ER
Friday 18th December 2009, 22:46
it was jase and as said they did not work just found that, but cant find the thread that shows were to drill the shunt

T5ER
Friday 18th December 2009, 23:03
here we are just click the link mate

http://www.xenonvalot.com/xenonfixvolvo.html

cookie
Friday 18th December 2009, 23:17
Couple of points, IF you had a P2 then its far safer to get the correct shunt from volvo, (they do a correct shunt for HIDs on P2's (grey IIRC)) and cancellers should work on yours as it ups resisatnce to equivelence of 55W, but unlikely to be cause of problem as the C70 is a P1 ME7 (up to 2005), so there isn't a shunt,CEM etc, It far more likely that 1 bulb somewhere has been replaced as bulb light on your car is based on resistance in pairs, so if reisitance varies between any pair of bulbs then it will throw light up, if its on all the time lights are on, I'd be more inclined to check if any of the rear bulbs look a bit black, or water marks on bulb casings (which will cause a change in resistance)

Just look at whats on when the warning light is on (eg, if a brake light bulb fails then warning light will only be on when you are braking)