PDA

View Full Version : Wing Mirrors????

Nigel T5
Friday 18th December 2009, 14:06
Back again,
this is an odd one, but Im sure the acumulated knowledge on this site can assist!

When I unlock the car the passeneger door mirror starts to move inwards, dont know why just the glass not the folding case. So I then re-adjust to the correct position for me (electric seats btw) alls fine.
Lock the car it doesnt move, unlock the car open the door and it moves back in again!!!!!

Any ideas?

cornclose
Friday 18th December 2009, 14:08
Nope. Sorry, not this time...

dave stew
Friday 18th December 2009, 14:31
It's something to do with the seat/mirror position memory. I have a similar problem where the driver's seat moves forward when I unlock the car with one key, but not the other.

Liddo
Friday 18th December 2009, 14:37
didnt know the mirrors where memorised aswell!!!! Weird. So thats your answer, set your mirrors and seat, and memorise them.............some how :confused:

volvokid
Friday 18th December 2009, 15:15
didnt know the mirrors where memorised aswell!!!! Weird. So thats your answer, set your mirrors and seat, and memorise them.............some how :confused:

It does it automatically, the car saves the settings for the seat and the mirrors for that key when it was last used so if you open it with another key everything will change back to that keys settings.

Al115
Friday 18th December 2009, 17:20
<-- what he said :)

It's actually excellent if you set it up right.

p fandango
Friday 18th December 2009, 17:58
i'm surprised Volvo's had this feature tbh, my mates Grand Cherokee used to do it & was quite weird watching the seat change from his wifes driving position to his

volvokid
Friday 18th December 2009, 18:32
i'm surprised Volvo's had this feature tbh, my mates Grand Cherokee used to do it & was quite weird watching the seat change from his wifes driving position to his

I my mates dads old IS200 even the steering wheel moves.

Rufe
Monday 21st December 2009, 00:21
We used to have to ask silly questions like "do you have electric seats?" if someone wanted a price on a wing mirror, so then you had to explain this feature in full as most people had no idea they had it. these days we ask for the registration number and can normally find everything from that, saves asking strange questions lol.