PDA

View Full Version : brake servo

p fandango
Wednesday 16th December 2009, 15:28
just wondered if anyones had to change/remove there brake servo & how hard it was :wink:

T5ER
Wednesday 16th December 2009, 15:31
has been done on my old T5 which my mum has, did not do it myself but appernetly was pretty straight foward, plus you are good with the mechanical side of things so should not be to hard pedro

p fandango
Wednesday 16th December 2009, 15:34
has been done on my old T5 which my mum has, did not do it myself but appernetly was pretty straight foward, plus you are good with the mechanical side of things so should not be to hard pedro
good at lightening mechanic stuff you mean, taking the angle grinder to the braking circuit isn't really a good idea tho mate lol

T5ER
Wednesday 16th December 2009, 15:37
no pedro might ££££ it up a bit mate, spanners and care me thinks for this one

p fandango
Wednesday 16th December 2009, 15:42
no pedro might ££££ it up a bit mate, spanners and care me thinks for this one
but i want to do it myself mate lol.

The bloke says theirs normally a 4 bolt pattern one holding the servo, then a 2 bolt pattern holding the master cylinder on. Its one of those things i've never noticed but don't even know if the 4 bolts are inside the engine bay or the cabin side of the bulkhead?

PaulZX
Wednesday 16th December 2009, 16:10
just unbolt it and see what happens... that's what you did with the heater matrix.... ;)

p fandango
Wednesday 16th December 2009, 16:21
just unbolt it and see what happens... that's what you did with the heater matrix.... ;)
with the weather how it is at the moment i haven't been out to find the bolts, & with the heater matrix i ended up mopping blue coolant out the interior if you remember lol

p fandango
Wednesday 16th December 2009, 17:55
looks like i'll have to make an adaptor plate to mount the master cylinder to the bulkhead, & that the pedal rod is fitted to the servo so a new rod will have to be made to connect the pedal to the master cylinder. Hmm now wheres the socket set lol

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/250/22085028.jpg