PDA

View Full Version : Can high speed affect wheels balancing etc?

Bison
Monday 13th June 2005, 21:13
Just a quick question,

I recently had a new tyre fitted and whilst I had this done I also had all the wheels and such balanced etc.

ok now since then it was ok, until after the BBQ saturday, I did some serious speeds that day and after slowing down I got a vibration whilst slowing down, like it wasn't balanced, also happens between 80 -90, some vibration through steering wheel, but not alot, really feels like it's coming from the rear, I am running 18" wheels with 35 profile tyres (nankangs) could the weights have come off? can the tyres fail (warp?) or worse case buckled wheel. can't see what else it could be any ideas?

Any thoughts?

Bison

mikej
Monday 13th June 2005, 21:19
You could well have thrown a weight ! Every time i get them balanced Within the month i loose at least one weight and yes i tried several different garages......at those speeds 80-90 i would look to the rears also based on my own experiences

p fandango
Monday 13th June 2005, 21:47
if it was on slowing down i would have a guess at more chance of a warped brake disc

Kent Canary
Monday 13th June 2005, 22:17
Im going to go out on a limb here.. and predict your ABS module will go within the next couple of weeks, as more or less the same thing happened to me.. hopefully Im wrong and not becoming psychic.. but call my advice line on 0908 654 6546 to hear how luck can change with the letter 'T'..

Bison
Monday 13th June 2005, 22:56
if it was on slowing down i would have a guess at more chance of a warped brake disc

Not a chance just had brand new Brembo's fitted!

It is not only when slowing, in fact when i was slowing I was not braking. just let off the accelorator. it happens when cruising at between 75 and 95.

I'm going to the tyre place tomorrow to moan and hopefully get re-balanced for free, if that is what it is.

Bison

splatt
Monday 13th June 2005, 23:25
Wheel balance....all day long.
Drive slower (or faster!) and you wont notice it...
Keep us posted.

spesh
Monday 13th June 2005, 23:53
Not a chance just had brand new Brembo's fitted!

Bison

Why do you say that Bison, I warpped a set of brembo's in 600miles, run in for 500 miles bit of hard driving then they went a bit like jelly.