PDA

View Full Version : stereo code ???

linkin582
Sunday 13th December 2009, 13:24
need a little help !!! changed my battery the other day and now my stereo has coded me out !! been to my local dealer got my code and it dont work. called volvo cust service and they gave me the same one !!!! im not sure if its the origal stero but its a factory fittted one any help would be great cheer guys

p fandango
Sunday 13th December 2009, 13:26
if you take the stereo out i believe Rufe (http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/member.php?u=544) can get the code from the serial number, so even if it has been changed he should be able to get the correct code for you

Andy G
Sunday 13th December 2009, 13:37
I was told that they could only give the ode IF it was the original factory fitted stereo unit, aftermarket or replacement then they couldn't help.

Shortbusdriver1969
Sunday 13th December 2009, 14:42
Your Local Main Volvo dealer will help. as mine did and it was FREE ( Best Yorkshire Price )

linkin582
Sunday 13th December 2009, 18:19
went to the dealer the code they had was no good. even thou they said it did not matter what volvo stereo was fitted as the code was to the car and not the stereo.
would it matter if i have an aftermarket ecu ?????? (rica)

p fandango
Sunday 13th December 2009, 18:43
went to the dealer the code they had was no good. even thou they said it did not matter what volvo stereo was fitted as the code was to the car and not the stereo.
no they've got there facts wrong, if the radio has been replaced then it will have a different code. The code is kept in the radio not on the car/engine ECU. Assuming this is for an 850 as in your avator, the newer p2 onwards cars may be linked to the cars main computer

Jod T5
Monday 14th December 2009, 13:33

Complete ££££££££....
The later 850's have a immobilizer system that is ECM controlled, however the radio's are regularly bought and sold

Jod

chrisRSVR
Monday 14th December 2009, 15:30
I currently have the same issue on my c70 so will be interested to see how you get on!

Jod T5
Monday 14th December 2009, 16:05
I currently have the same issue on my c70 so will be interested to see how you get on!

What year is the C70...

Dont forget this is a 850 forum....Things change...

Jod

Rufe
Friday 18th December 2009, 09:52
I was told that they could only give the ode IF it was the original factory fitted stereo unit, aftermarket or replacement then they couldn't help.

that is wrong, and it seems that many volvo dealers actually think this is the case, and don't know how to get the code from the serial numbers. I get asked this daily, and can help almost all the time (unless a radio has been recoded then we cant help)

If you know the unit is not original to the car, I would need:

Model of unit
Serial Number of the Unit
If possible a part number off the unit too, but this is not always essential.

If the unit is original to the car then I can get the code from registration or VIN number

Simon :)

linkin582
Friday 18th December 2009, 21:43
rufe got me the right code ! back up and running
topman !!!!!!!!

woody
Saturday 19th December 2009, 11:32
rufe got me the right code ! back up and running
topman !!!!!!!!

Top outcome. You can't fault this community for help and sound advise. Proud to be part of it. :smile: