PDA

View Full Version : Auto Box Question/prob

MarkGolf
Monday 13th June 2005, 18:55
Hi guys

recently had the box rebuilt...

Well, Forward gears are PERFECT, although after about 30 of HARD driving, mixtures of straights and country roads, the warning light comes on.. Im guessing this is due to heat, as it still drives...

Well, the problem I need help on is...
When i put the car into reverse, it doesn't immedietly go.. you accelerate and its like its slipping, then it goes 'clunk' as it should and it goes back...

What could be causing that, not been rebuilt properly? Switch?

what?

the people that did it said tis the switch, but I really dont think it is if it drives forward perfect!

Need help A.S.A.P

thanks

k690bpp
Monday 13th June 2005, 21:02
the pnp might not be adjusted properly

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 14th June 2005, 00:00
Have you changed the ATF since the box was built? My chap brought mine back in after 1500 miles of "bedding in" and I had it change. Seriously - I would check it - levels, colour and smell.

I can also supply and fit an additional cooler if you wish, in order to prevent excess heat stress on the fluid.

wellsy
Tuesday 14th June 2005, 16:24
ive just had a rear main seal done but found a leak on the auto box as well so had some new seals fitted ,it still drips a small amount of atf but i have noticed it is slightly up on the atf level is there any sort of breather or overflow this could be coming from or is it box out again.
cheers wellsy