PDA

View Full Version : Project Manual

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

stribo
Saturday 6th July 2013, 23:31
Nah mate happy with the grip just not the gearbox lol, gives me an excuse to do something i want to do :)

It was probably your ham-fisted gearchanges that killed it.

Jamest5r
Saturday 6th July 2013, 23:44

Nope i think the burn out with the hand brake locked on before the 1st run done the damage.

T5frankie
Sunday 7th July 2013, 08:54

he was under immense pressure to beat me lol

Jamest5r
Tuesday 9th July 2013, 20:58
Firstly a massive thank you to Smithy for finding me a m56h with a 4:45 fdr :), Nealevo for donating a pair of m56 drive shafts, ill get the hubs off somehow lol, and JT for a little advice and general pee taking :)

So picking the box up saturday morning, going to get the shafts refurbed in the mean time and hopefully throw it in sat afternoon if i can get access to the ramp :)

Glad mine is one of the easier fixes from last week's carnage.

iancho
Tuesday 9th July 2013, 21:04
Good luck Jim, sounds like Saturday will be interesting :smile:

JT
Tuesday 9th July 2013, 21:13
did you get 1 with external??

Jamest5r
Tuesday 9th July 2013, 21:18
did you get 1 with external??

Duel cast case just got to tap the holes out for the bolts.......so Smithy say's lol, ive never studied gearbox's closely, but it's coming from just up the road at cp motor's and the bloke there knows his stuff as well :)

JT
Tuesday 9th July 2013, 21:35
fingers crossed for you, it was totally different on mine

stribo
Tuesday 9th July 2013, 21:44
he was under immense pressure to beat me lol

You know that feeling don't you mate, that's probably why you jumped the start racing me at Weald lol.

Nealevo
Tuesday 9th July 2013, 21:45
If Smithys helping you, add a couple of hours on the estimated ramp time..... :) xx

WOODY T5
Tuesday 9th July 2013, 21:50
have u got a gripper to go with it jim?

Jamest5r
Tuesday 9th July 2013, 22:12
If Smithys helping you, add a couple of hours on the estimated ramp time..... :) xx

Took me 6hrs to do the clutch so around the same i reckon lol all fingers crossed :)

have u got a gripper to go with it jim?

Can just about afford the gearbox at the moment, something for a much later date......probably when you break your car, 1st dibs :)

WOODY T5
Tuesday 9th July 2013, 22:16
Took me 6hrs to do the clutch so around the same i reckon lol all fingers crossed :)

Can just about afford the gearbox at the moment, something for a much later date......probably when you break your car, 1st dibs :)lol all i need to do is have a dice with an audi rs6 that should make up my mind :)

JT
Sunday 14th July 2013, 09:06
sooo??

did you get it??
is it fitted yet??
what's it like?? :bounce:

lol

T5frankie
Sunday 14th July 2013, 09:56
should convert it back to automatic, might be quicker lol

Jamest5r
Sunday 14th July 2013, 14:18
Still getting over the truma will update later :)

JT
Sunday 14th July 2013, 15:41
come on, spill the beans! lol

what happened?

Jamest5r
Friday 26th July 2013, 22:45
come on, spill the beans! lol

what happened?

Sorry for the delay........update time then lol.

Picked one of the hottest afternoon's to do the job must of sweated a stone off lol, thank's to Smithy for your help finding me the box at a decent price and Nealevo for the donation of some m56 shaft's and 2L of Jag's best gearbox oil :)

Work started about 2ish with Nealevo tapping some new threads in the gearbox, cheers mate sorry you had to take your lesson's from Smithy lol yes its a crap pic lol

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/IMAG0605_zpsace75e79.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/IMAG0605_zpsace75e79.jpg.html)

Long story short thanks to Smithy and Nealevo for pulling out the box and re-fitting it, same you couldn't stay till 8 effing pm to finish the job lol, saying that i still have one more bolt sitting in the kitchen to re fit.

One effed m59 :)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/IMAG0606_zps53275b86.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/IMAG0606_zps53275b86.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/IMAG0607_zpsf4f1864e.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/IMAG0607_zpsf4f1864e.jpg.html)

AndysR
Friday 26th July 2013, 22:49
Is that the diff area of the gearbox casing :0

That's a damn shame it's happened but bigger and better when it's done I'm sure :)

T5frankie
Friday 26th July 2013, 22:54
Is that the diff area of the gearbox casing :0

That's a damn shame it's happened but bigger and better when it's done I'm sure :)

yeah m56

Jamest5r
Friday 26th July 2013, 23:16
yeah m56

Like you have said on many many occasions it make eff all difference to 60 foot :)

smithy
Saturday 27th July 2013, 00:21
We all are wondering what's it like go drive and is it better or worse

WOODY T5
Saturday 27th July 2013, 00:24
Like you have said on many many occasions it make eff all difference to 60 foot :)lets hope it works mate as i will fit one in my car lol

Jamest5r
Saturday 27th July 2013, 00:39
lets hope it works mate as i will fit one in my car lol

If you wern't so hard id give you a slap lol :) yeah feel's different didn't think it would but we will see, might just give it to you to set a time and see if it's me that just cant drive :)

T5frankie
Saturday 27th July 2013, 09:29
Like you have said on many many occasions it make eff all difference to 60 foot :)

you and i know that but you can't convince anyone else of that, lots of off roundabout wheelspinning now though eh

smithy
Saturday 27th July 2013, 11:35
You will learn how to drive again Jim and then your times will come down alot .

Jamest5r
Saturday 27th July 2013, 22:12
You will learn how to drive again Jim and then your times will come down alot .

Yeah thank's mate lol, think i can get it together pmsl

smithy
Saturday 27th July 2013, 22:38
We hope so or a stock v70 lpt will be beating you lol

MoleT-5R
Saturday 27th July 2013, 22:59
have as much power as you like...lol, but if you can't get it of the line, what more can I say, Frankies super quick time was done on a sticky track, so I may have to set a 15g time a the pod, to see what my gain would be on the super sticky pod strip, or wait and see what he can manage at avon where it's easier to compare his older times to get a true picture of his 1/4 mile improvement

LiamT4
Saturday 27th July 2013, 23:05
have as much power as you like...lol, but if you can't get it of the line, what more can I say, Frankies super quick time was done on a sticky track, so I may have to set a 15g time a the pod, to see what my gain would be on the super sticky pod strip, or wait and see what he can manage at avon where it's easier to compare his older times to get a true picture of his 1/4 mile improvement

You won't be able to go faster as you are mate.......theres no way a fwd, 15g'd volvo is faster than my v8 bmw ;-)

MoleT-5R
Saturday 27th July 2013, 23:10
You won't be able to go faster as you are mate.......theres no way a fwd, 15g'd volvo is faster than my v8 bmw ;-)

sorry forgot about the german lovers out there, I was speaking to my Volvo 1/4 mile friends...lol

LiamT4
Saturday 27th July 2013, 23:27
sorry forgot about the german lovers out there, I was speaking to my Volvo 1/4 mile friends...lol

I just can't imagine a volvo running with a standard 15g (not a hybrid like andys lol) managing less than a 14.4 1/4mile ;-)

MoleT-5R
Saturday 27th July 2013, 23:36
I just can't imagine a volvo running with a standard 15g (not a hybrid like andys lol) managing less than a 14.4 1/4mile ;-)

got to try, did 14.52 at avon, so lets see what the Frankie pod factor can do to my time

LiamT4
Saturday 27th July 2013, 23:42
got to try, did 14.52 at avon, so lets see what the Frankie pod factor can do to my time

Well here's a target for you, we need to race together and if you beat me and beat a 14.4, with a standard 15g and without NOS then i'll pay you £50.

Jamest5r
Saturday 27th July 2013, 23:48

Cost me a gearbox and him a rod, good luck mate :) oh and see you in a few week's at Prescott, your car is gonna put mine to shame looking at the shine on it today at the meet pics:)

MoleT-5R
Sunday 28th July 2013, 00:56
Cost me a gearbox and him a rod, good luck mate :) oh and see you in a few week's at Prescott, your car is gonna put mine to shame looking at the shine on it today at the meet pics:)

till we park them close together and your's blows mine out of the water, the camera was very kind today..lol

p fandango
Sunday 28th July 2013, 08:12
i can, BT got a 14.557 with an MBC & exhaust. A bit of lightening & a few other engine mods would of got the 0.2

T5frankie
Sunday 28th July 2013, 09:28

you need to learn how to polish its not hard mate, do it by hand............................bring it round ill do it!!

T5frankie
Sunday 28th July 2013, 09:28
Well here's a target for you, we need to race together and if you beat me and beat a 14.4, with a standard 15g and without NOS then i'll pay you £50.

ill take that bet lol

MoleT-5R
Sunday 28th July 2013, 11:01

It could be do'able, we'll have to get them both together sometime

LiamT4
Sunday 28th July 2013, 19:33
i can, BT got a 14.557 with an MBC & exhaust. A bit of lightening & a few other engine mods would of got the 0.2

No weight saving allowed lol

ill take that bet lol

and when are you ever going to have a volvo with a standard 15g in it ;-)

It could be do'able, we'll have to get them both together sometime

Always better when you race against people you know, makes things more interesting.

T5frankie
Sunday 28th July 2013, 19:35

Always better when you race against people you know, makes things more interesting.

can take seats out etc, he would get a 14.4

LiamT4
Sunday 28th July 2013, 19:39
can take seats out etc, he would get a 14.4

Theres not really any point him doing that to beat me, as then i would just remove mine........although i doubt it would make any difference on my car lol

T5frankie
Sunday 28th July 2013, 19:43
Theres not really any point him doing that to beat me, as then i would just remove mine........although i doubt it would make any difference on my car lol

we all know youre not gonna remove yours lol, his 14.52 was a one off his next best was 14.7

LiamT4
Sunday 28th July 2013, 20:15
we all know youre not gonna remove yours lol, his 14.52 was a one off his next best was 14.7

yeah, i was lying to myself wasn't i lol

MoleT-5R
Monday 29th July 2013, 00:55

I agree, the only lightening could be your pocket if I manage it ...lol

MoleT-5R
Monday 29th July 2013, 00:58

I love a challenge, I will improve again, the more experience I get on the strip the better change I have of getting the car away tidy

Jamest5r
Sunday 11th August 2013, 21:49
Thought it time i tested the new box a little as haven't done more than 10 miles since fitting lol, all i can say is i didnt think i would notice that much of a difference, but it is very different :) much quicker through the revs and at 80 im having to change to 4th (i borrowed Frankie's private corn field as he's on his hols) we will see if it makes any difference on the 1/4 but looking forward to it.

Smithy popped round earlier and i think it even suprised him :)

Nealevo
Sunday 11th August 2013, 22:03
Thought it time i tested the new box a little as haven't done more than 10 miles since fitting lol, all i can say is i didnt think i would notice that much of a difference, but it is very different :) much quicker through the revs and at 80 im having to change to 4th (i borrowed Frankie's private corn field as he's on his hols) we will see if it makes any difference on the 1/4 but looking forward to it.

Yeah it's about time smithy went in a quick car!!!

Biff
Sunday 11th August 2013, 22:04

Sounds rapid mate. Hopefully it will fly up the quarter next time. Any chance you can send me your PayPal dude? I messaged you on tues but think your inbox might be full. Cheers ;)

smithy
Sunday 11th August 2013, 22:20
Yeah it's about time smithy went in a quick car!!!

Yes very true mate but not for long though.

smithy
Sunday 11th August 2013, 22:23

Yes I was surprised how quick the car is now .what ever gear the car is in it just goes and James wasn't really putting his foot down ether.

Jamest5r
Sunday 11th August 2013, 22:25
Sounds rapid mate. Hopefully it will fly up the quarter next time. Any chance you can send me your PayPal dude? I messaged you on tues but think your inbox might be full. Cheers ;)

Yeah sorry spring's lol will get it sorted mate, pm me your addy and ill reply with paypal :)

Biff
Sunday 11th August 2013, 22:35
Cheers mate. She needs dropping.

MoleT-5R
Sunday 11th August 2013, 23:10

nice to see he didn't lock the gate when he went away...lol

AndysR
Thursday 15th August 2013, 00:12
Sounds really good James! It's about time you started cracking away at Dean's times after all the hard luck you have had with it, must confess up into 4th at 80 does sound very short, mines just going into 3rd ;) , it really must fly!

JT
Thursday 15th August 2013, 10:17
I've just started running in my engine, with the same box, and already
noticing the difference:)
Can't wait till I can open the taps ! :)

Jamest5r
Thursday 15th August 2013, 10:40
I've just started running in my engine, with the same box, and already
noticing the difference:)
Can't wait till I can open the taps ! :)

As we discussed before whether we would notice a difference I was shocked to be honest at how different it is, feels like that should of been the ratios to start with, the old box seems sooo long legged now.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 15th August 2013, 10:43
So what kind of speeds are you seeing off the 1st 3 gears?

Jamest5r
Thursday 15th August 2013, 10:48
So what kind of speeds are you seeing off the 1st 3 gears?

Not really done a proper test Dave, but changing into 4th around the 80 mark so a good pull of torque and hopefully faster terminal :)

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 15th August 2013, 11:12
I guess if you were already changing into 4th for the drag strip then it will not matter that you need the extra change?

Jamest5r
Thursday 15th August 2013, 11:17
I guess if you were already changing into 4th for the drag strip then it will not matter that you need the extra change?

Using 3rd on the strip, crossing the line at nearly 7k, reckon I will be changing 3/4 of the way now so a good run in 4th.

p fandango
Thursday 15th August 2013, 11:37
Using 3rd on the strip, crossing the line at nearly 7k, reckon I will be changing 3/4 of the way now so a good run in 4th.
i'm still not convinced lol. I can see why it'd be perfect for track use but i think for the dragstrip your going to be off the power longer as your changing gear more. With BT's box i'll be able to clear 120mph@7k in 3rd

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 15th August 2013, 12:20
It's going to be interesting to see. My LK box went through the line doing 104/5 mph in 3rd almost at the redline at 74/75 hundred?

Speedwise.
My top 8th is generally speaking from 80 mph >> 105 = 25 mph which is more than Dean ;)
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1473_zps32cb7301.jpg
IIRC his top 8th is 86.5 >> 107.8 mph roughly 21.5 mph.

BTW my average top 8th time is 4.75 sec for the top 10 ET results. Dean's is still going faster doing his best top 8th on that 13.3 ticket of 4.55 sec. Another 2 tenths I have to find. Which let's face it may as well be a week.

A couple of these I noted that I used 4th gear (9th best result to date) Running a 14.214 @ 103.7. Within that I ran 0.23 seconds slower to the 660 than my PB. The top 8th on the 4th gear run was 0.05 seconds slower.

Hopefully your last gear change will make only a small difference too & be offset by a better 660' time. TBH mine is a slightly different set up. I know where I am losing out - its in the 2nd 8th.

Proof of the pudding time.

graemewelch
Thursday 15th August 2013, 12:29
be good to see some times and compare the 2 boxes. i think when i hit the strip ill finish in 3rd. in 3rd i think i can do over 110mph. not sure how fast it would of been if hit the limiter casue a ford focus st kept slowing me down. i used a local corn field to find that out. wasnt frankies though. his is to far away

WOODY T5
Thursday 15th August 2013, 12:53
I don't know me my volvo and times lol

Nealevo
Thursday 15th August 2013, 12:59
Its nothing to do with the gearbox, lets all just admit that Woody is the best driver and move on to something else.....

stribo
Thursday 15th August 2013, 13:11
Its nothing to do with the gearbox, lets all just admit that Woody is the best driver and move on to something else.....

I think Frankie might disagree with that.:) BTW isn't it nice and peaceful with him on holiday.:lol:

JT
Thursday 15th August 2013, 13:24
As we discussed before whether we would notice a difference I was shocked to be honest at how different it is, feels like that should of been the ratios to start with, the old box seems sooo long legged now.

So with such a short 1st, are you struggling to get the power down?

Jamest5r
Thursday 15th August 2013, 13:27

Next time your passing ill let you take it for a blast, think you might notice the difference.

WOODY T5
Thursday 15th August 2013, 13:30
BTW my average top 8th time is 4.75 sec for the top 10 ET results. Dean's is still going faster doing his best top 8th on that 13.3 ticket of 4.55 sec. Another 2 tenths I have to find. Which let's face it may as well be a week. I know Dave and all that was done on a bad track so more to come a :)

Jamest5r
Thursday 15th August 2013, 13:32
So with such a short 1st, are you struggling to get the power down?

Seems the opposite mate as shifting to 2nd quicker and getting the power down but that could be down to the tires :)

JT
Thursday 15th August 2013, 13:35
Seems the opposite mate as shifting to 2nd quicker and getting the power down but that could be down to the tires :)

I had my fingers crossed you'd say that :B_thumb:

smithy
Thursday 15th August 2013, 13:39
I don't know me my volvo and times lol

I think it's a LOVE thing lol

Jamest5r
Saturday 24th August 2013, 18:27
Well as the Bitch has behaved her self even after thrashing the nuts off it at Prescott i decided to treat her to a new pressie....

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0007_zpsf61fdef5.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0007_zpsf61fdef5.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0006_zpsab5c9658.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0006_zpsab5c9658.jpg.html)

3" BSR with de-cat :)

claymore
Saturday 24th August 2013, 18:32
is there only one lambda sensor hole on there?

T5frankie
Saturday 24th August 2013, 18:36
Don't want to piss on your chips but having done the exact same gearbox change it made no difference to my quarter time actually a tenth slower, it felt quicker on the road with more rapid gear changes but the times don't lie

Jamest5r
Saturday 24th August 2013, 18:42
is there only one lambda sensor hole on there?

Yep, need another done for the afr

Don't want to piss on your chips but having done the exact same gearbox change it made no difference to my quarter time actually a tenth slower, it felt quicker on the road with more rapid gear changes but the times don't lie

Not bothered really mate enjoying the car lot at the moment for what it is and slowly making it perfect :)

T5frankie
Saturday 24th August 2013, 18:44
How is the other t5-r?

Jamest5r
Saturday 24th August 2013, 18:48
How is the other t5-r?

Dont know looks ok still parked up not moved it in 3 weeks lol

The Flying Moose
Saturday 24th August 2013, 18:54
Dont know looks ok still parked up not moved it in 3 weeks lol

Definitely a reason to sell it to me when I return home then Jim! ;)

The Bitch is coming along really nicely though, Im pleased to see your getting what you want from her slowly.

It will be nice to take a trip out and see how she drives after the little blast I had with you at Neal's place.

smithy
Saturday 24th August 2013, 19:49

You didnot race the s70r before and after the gearbox change though.but I've been in the car and its a hoot to drive now .

T5frankie
Saturday 24th August 2013, 22:23
You didnot race the s70r before and after the gearbox change though.but I've been in the car and its a hoot to drive now .

yes i did, 14.4 with the old box and 14.5 with the new box

Nealevo
Saturday 24th August 2013, 22:41
Well as the Bitch has behaved her self even after thrashing the nuts off it at Prescott i decided to treat her to a new pressie....

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0007_zpsf61fdef5.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0007_zpsf61fdef5.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0006_zpsab5c9658.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0006_zpsab5c9658.jpg.html)

When you fitting this, if you need hand I'm off all week.

graemewelch
Saturday 24th August 2013, 23:05

fit a angled down pipe. its 3" all the way.

MoleT-5R
Sunday 25th August 2013, 05:03

Could just be the driver .... lol:troutslap

smithy
Sunday 25th August 2013, 06:52

I still think the car is quicker though but we will see.i bet it will be wild at silverstone though.jim said the car was mental at Prescott .but I carnt talk I haven't got a turbo car to talk about yet lol.

JT
Sunday 25th August 2013, 07:24
I still think the car is quicker though but we will see.i bet it will be wild at silverstone though.jim said the car was mental at Prescott .but I carnt talk I haven't got a turbo car to talk about yet lol.

I thought he wasnt going on track at silverstone??
Too much red mist! Lol

p fandango
Sunday 25th August 2013, 07:56
Too much red mist! Lol
Is that the red wine equivalent to white lightning lol

T5frankie
Sunday 25th August 2013, 11:14
Could just be the driver .... lol:troutslap

the same driver that did a 14.0 yeah mate lol

smithy
Sunday 25th August 2013, 12:13
the same driver that did a 14.0 yeah mate lol

Yes I have to admitt you did but I still think his car is quicker with that box

T5frankie
Sunday 25th August 2013, 12:16
Yes I have to admitt you did but I still think his car is quicker with that box

i hope it is as he is half a second behind me lol

smithy
Sunday 25th August 2013, 12:37
i hope it is as he is half a second behind me lol

No that's because he has forgot how to drive his car on the strip lol.but he did get a 14.2 with the old box and was getting faster then it all went down hill for abit .

MoleT-5R
Sunday 25th August 2013, 17:52
No that's because he has forgot how to drive his car on the strip lol.but he did get a 14.2 with the old box and was getting faster then it all went down hill for abit .

If his box had not broke, with a couple more runs, the story could have been so different, but thats racing...lol

Jamest5r
Sunday 25th August 2013, 19:40
When you fitting this, if you need hand I'm off all week.

Cheers for the offer but it's not as simple as that, need the flange off my dp for the garret welded on and the de-cat sorting going to see our mutal friend on small heath by pass.

fit a angled down pipe. its 3" all the way.

Got a garret with straight 2.5" outlet not that simple im afraid but this will do for the moment.

Jamest5r
Sunday 25th August 2013, 19:41

Lol, ive not forgot it's just bloody hard getting a six paddle to slip a bit it's either on or off no choice :)

T5frankie
Sunday 25th August 2013, 19:45
Lol, ive not forgot it's just bloody hard getting a six paddle to slip a bit it's either on or off no choice :)

he says that about everyone lol, how can a hgv driver forget how to drive lol? oh how we will all laugh at his efforts lol

smithy
Sunday 25th August 2013, 19:46

You are getting there though mate and we will see how she gets on soon .

T5frankie
Sunday 25th August 2013, 19:47

at least someone is making progress

smithy
Sunday 25th August 2013, 19:47
he says that about everyone lol, how can a hgv driver forget how to drive lol? oh how we will all laugh at his efforts lol
Because most of us drive bloody autos now lol

Jamest5r
Sunday 25th August 2013, 19:49

Gonna call that place we spoke about and get it sorted, hopefully exhaust this sat and maybe the rest sorted before the next sat at trax we will see :)

T5frankie
Sunday 25th August 2013, 19:49
Because most of us drive bloody autos now lol

wish i bloody did

Jamest5r
Wednesday 2nd October 2013, 20:29
Thought id update this.......only thing done is top mounts replaced with xc90 ones, didnt bother with pics as its a boring job lol, car is running the best it ever has at the moment just need a little mapping tweaks but Smithy is gonna drive it for me while i map it so hopefully do Avon at the end of the month :), also got a bsr 3"dp to go on just need to find the time and money to get it done lol

iancho
Friday 4th October 2013, 06:24
Nice to read your still tinkering about Jim, the 3" dp will add a few horses and sound ever so sweet! :)

claymore
Friday 4th October 2013, 08:06
Thought id update this.......only thing done is top mounts replaced with xc90 ones, didnt bother with pics as its a boring job lol, car is running the best it ever has at the moment just need a little mapping tweaks but Smithy is gonna drive it for me while i map it so hopefully do Avon at the end of the month :), also got a bsr 3"dp to go on just need to find the time and money to get it done lol
So if the care is running so well, why arn't you coming on the evo/great orme run on Sunday?

iancho
Friday 4th October 2013, 15:56
So if the care is running so well, why arn't you coming on the evo/great orme run on Sunday?

I've been wondering the same Colin... It would be excellent if you could make it Jim :-)

Jamest5r
Friday 4th October 2013, 18:47

I've been wondering the same Colin... It would be excellent if you could make it Jim :-)

Same reason i didnt go to Avon last week.....im skint lol

MoleT-5R
Friday 4th October 2013, 22:47
Same reason i didnt go to Avon last week.....im skint lol

feel your pain man, I'm the same, just dodging the big bill's for this month to see the season out, it's tight and I'll p£££ a national bank and the local council off but when it's Volvo do so be it....lol

Jamest5r
Tuesday 29th October 2013, 20:53
Well after thinking my car's running great the 1/4 tells a different story, even though i only got a couple of runs in at an average 14.5 ive decided that full custom mapping of my TT is the only way forward, yes should of done this a long time ago i know but you now how it is lol, so after talking to a few mappers there was a clear winner so im off for a little jaunt in December :) will update the results then.

V70 Graham
Tuesday 29th October 2013, 20:56
Off for a little jaunt to where.....or is it a bit hush hush lol

p fandango
Tuesday 29th October 2013, 20:59
Well after thinking my car's running great the 1/4 tells a different story, even though i only got a couple of runs in at an average 14.5 ive decided that full custom mapping of my TT is the only way forward, yes should of done this a long time ago i know but you now how it is lol, so after talking to a few mappers there was a clear winner so im off for a little jaunt in December :) will update the results then.
the chap who maps JT's knows what he's doing with TT now

T5frankie
Tuesday 29th October 2013, 21:01

who's the clear winner then? cos i need mine doing

AndysR
Tuesday 29th October 2013, 21:05
Something tells me the standard for next years 1/4 mile events is going to get seriously re-written :)

JT
Tuesday 29th October 2013, 21:12

Yea come on, spill the beans!!! Lol

Nealevo
Tuesday 29th October 2013, 21:28
Ask them if they will do my TT too as I'm lost!!!

smithy
Tuesday 29th October 2013, 21:37

Last or lost lol

WOODY T5
Tuesday 29th October 2013, 21:52
who needs tt`s lol

MoleT-5R
Tuesday 29th October 2013, 21:53
The last season is barely over and we're already off on next season, march/april just seems so far away,but I'm sure it will not be long to the nail biting first race of the season, who will be the victor, as everyone seems to be taking a slightly different approach, so it will be an most interesting meet

smithy
Tuesday 29th October 2013, 21:58
The last season is barely over and we're already off on next season, march/april just seems so far away,but I'm sure it will not be long to the nail biting first race of the season, who will be the victor, as everyone seems to be taking a slightly different approach, so it will be an most interesting meet

I cannot wait for the banter to start that's even more interesting than the actual racing lol.next season I will not be spectating ether I will be racing what ever it takes to get my car back on the road .

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 29th October 2013, 22:06
Mine just seems so far away.

T5frankie
Tuesday 29th October 2013, 22:10

you and your march/april pod is open in january for some cold air running,

oh and jim i know who you spoke to cos i have spoken to the same bloke lol

AndysR
Tuesday 29th October 2013, 22:20
This sounds interesting :)

t5 pete
Tuesday 29th October 2013, 22:33
come on then spill the beans whos mapping it but just remember no amount of good mapping will make up for a bad driver lol just look at me

Jamest5r
Tuesday 29th October 2013, 22:41
Off for a little jaunt to where.....or is it a bit hush hush lol

No not hush hush really, but if i name the good one i spoke to ill have to slag off the numpties i also spoke to also.

No matter who does your's you will fine a way off killing it :)

Yea come on, spill the beans!!! Lol

Your sorted lol

Of course if it means i aint got to tow you anywhere again :)

who needs tt`s lol

Someone without a custom mte?? :)

Mine just seems so far away.

You will get there mate.

you and your march/april pod is open in january for some cold air running,

Going on me hols in Feb so no play before then.

oh and jim i know who you spoke to cos i have spoken to the same bloke lol

Give me a bell tomorrow matey on from 5 :)

WOODY T5
Wednesday 30th October 2013, 19:32
if its gunner be that good might have to tt then mate :)

AndysR
Wednesday 30th October 2013, 19:35
if its gunner be that good might have to tt then mate :)

If you want to keep your title might be worth getting the rods installed over winter too ;)

Jamest5r
Saturday 11th January 2014, 16:44
Update time.....dug the bitch out today, started first time and off to get an Mot as it ran out before Xmas lol, straight through not even an advisory happy days :) then went for a little blast forgot what fun it is :)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0312_zps6qlpglfd.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0312_zps6qlpglfd.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0314_zpsn179wd8e.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0314_zpsn179wd8e.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0315_zpsieq54ksc.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0315_zpsieq54ksc.jpg.html)

JT
Saturday 11th January 2014, 16:45
Happy days! :)

claymore
Saturday 11th January 2014, 16:45
Brilliant mate :)

Jamest5r
Saturday 11th January 2014, 16:46
Just the 3" maf and 3" downpipe to fit find some cash and get it mapped :)

stribo
Saturday 11th January 2014, 16:50
Nice one. :B_thumb:

V70 Graham
Saturday 11th January 2014, 17:29
Great news Jim.

T5frankie
Saturday 11th January 2014, 19:17
well done mate, mine is soon

Nealevo
Saturday 11th January 2014, 20:45
Congrats always a good feeling

graemewelch
Saturday 11th January 2014, 20:52
great news. i rekon 400 bhp isnt far way for you

LiamT4
Saturday 11th January 2014, 20:54
great news. i rekon 400 bhp isnt far way for you

and he'll still get a 14.5 1/4mile ;-)

graemewelch
Saturday 11th January 2014, 21:00

im a rekon good mapping is what makes the difference. once the 3" down pipe is fitted james will notice a huge difference

Jamest5r
Saturday 11th January 2014, 21:12

Thanks mate lol

Jamest5r
Saturday 11th January 2014, 21:15
im a rekon good mapping is what makes the difference. once the 3" down pipe is fitted james will notice a huge difference

Yep I agree just time and finances got a Tax bill and a holiday in the next 6 week's so something got to give lol

The Flying Moose
Sunday 12th January 2014, 01:14
Thanks mate lol

Well if you take off that 56mph limiter...

Jamest5r
Sunday 12th January 2014, 01:22
Well if you take off that 56mph limiter...

I get scared over 55 mph and also forget I can use lane 3 often :)

LiamT4
Sunday 12th January 2014, 10:28
Thanks mate lol

You'll beat it this year, easily............probably ;-) How important is it to be quick on the 1/4mile anyway? Remember that time my bmw pasted you at avon, yet your car would easily have been quicker on the road, bit like colin and his 14.7s lol

T5frankie
Sunday 12th January 2014, 10:29
You'll beat it this year, easily............probably ;-) How important is it to be quick on the 1/4mile anyway? Remember that time my bmw pasted you at avon, yet your car would easily have been quicker on the road, bit like colin and his 14.7s lol

it is very important liam you know that, time is everything

LiamT4
Sunday 12th January 2014, 10:38
it is very important liam you know that, time is everything

:shhh: I was trying to cheer him up ;-)

iancho
Monday 13th January 2014, 08:26
Always a good feeling Jim when they pass, nice one matey :smile:

Jamest5r
Tuesday 28th January 2014, 18:45
Well after deciding my air filter was too small gone for this monster.......should let a little more air in :)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0347_zpsium2eya4.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0347_zpsium2eya4.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0346_zpslqi9gybk.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0346_zpslqi9gybk.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0348_zpsqz6nzdu6.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0348_zpsqz6nzdu6.jpg.html)

Also booked in Sat morning for dp to be fitted and provisional booking for mid March mapping so nearly there :)

S70T5Chris
Tuesday 28th January 2014, 18:49
Is someone compensating for something?!!! :ices_rofl

WOODY T5
Tuesday 28th January 2014, 19:11
nice slippers mate.oh that is big lol

Jamest5r
Tuesday 28th January 2014, 19:14
nice slippers mate.oh that is big lol

Marks and Spencer mate only the best :)

AndysR
Tuesday 28th January 2014, 19:54
Be interesting to see how this performs once it's mapped ;)

Biff
Tuesday 28th January 2014, 19:59
Jesus are you putting the battery in the boot Jim?
That's hoooge.

Jamest5r
Tuesday 28th January 2014, 20:04
Be interesting to see how this performs once it's mapped ;)

Yes it will be, been building to this point for nearly 5 yrs in different stages but I think finally it's the end product well apart from a diff lol

Jesus are you putting the battery in the boot Jim?
That's hoooge.

Hopefully it will fit or I'll just move the maf back a bit :)

Jamest5r
Saturday 1st February 2014, 18:05
Well the 3" bsr dp is in, took a little fettling to fit but all's good :) can't really tell if there's a difference yet but does seem smoother and still pulls like and elephant on crack :)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0352_zpsm1duhtw6.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0352_zpsm1duhtw6.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0354_zpsnyf2lrel.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0354_zpsnyf2lrel.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0355_zpsfiieyuua.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0355_zpsfiieyuua.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0356_zpsgqcf3xga.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0356_zpsgqcf3xga.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0357_zpspyzkwbbg.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0357_zpspyzkwbbg.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0358_zpsrbpq9btd.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0358_zpsrbpq9btd.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0359_zpstcmdoj3z.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0359_zpstcmdoj3z.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0362_zps9uri8eoq.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0362_zps9uri8eoq.jpg.html)

claymore
Saturday 1st February 2014, 18:07
nice one :)

smithy
Saturday 1st February 2014, 18:24
Nice

V70 Graham
Saturday 1st February 2014, 18:24
Nice work Jim, bring on the map !

abdul
Saturday 1st February 2014, 18:54
nice work

Wobbly Dave
Monday 3rd February 2014, 00:11
Good work Jim. Looking fwd to seeing you on the strip!

iancho
Monday 3rd February 2014, 08:11
Spot on as usual Jim :)

MoleT-5R
Monday 3rd February 2014, 09:11
makes my exhaust seem small now, will have to find a way to improve mine, nice job Jim

M-R-P
Monday 3rd February 2014, 10:52
Some vids of Jim arseing about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1pedJl62-g

M-R-P
Monday 3rd February 2014, 10:52
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrIi7k7_wQc

t5 pete
Monday 3rd February 2014, 11:13
Looking good jim bob

Jamest5r
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 18:30
Booked in for mapping on the 22nd March :)

Can't wait to have it finally show its potential :)

T5frankie
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 18:44

great news mate, still gonna be behind me mate :eclipsee_

stribo
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 18:47
Where are you getting it mapped Jim?

Jamest5r
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 18:48
great news mate, still gonna be behind me mate :eclipsee_

Mmmmm....... Gonna be interesting, especially when Wobby gets in on the act :)

Jamest5r
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 18:50
Where are you getting it mapped Jim?

MA developments, Mark shead the same bloke that done Andy's car and the peril

mitchyboy01
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 18:51

Looking forward to seeing the results of this!! Going to be a beast. Give Frankie a wave as you pass him.

T5frankie
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 18:59
Mmmmm....... Gonna be interesting, especially when Wobby gets in on the act :)

mark shead lol

Jamest5r
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 19:01
mark shead lol

Bloody phone lol should read what I write before posting cheers mate :)

T5frankie
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 19:04

i had a mark shead cossie and it was an absolute animal

stribo
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 19:04
MA developments, Mark shead the same bloke that done Andy's car and the peril

The same M.A.Developments that does a lot of work on Ford Cosworths?

Jamest5r
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 19:08
i had a mark shead cossie and it was an absolute animal

He's the only bloke I found willing to map the TT without question as he had learnt it all doing Andy's car and considering I only need fuel and ignition and it was a manual he was even happier lol reckons 2-3 hrs job done just hope it's dry

T5frankie
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 19:19
if you want some company i'll come down with ya

Jamest5r
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 19:24
The same M.A.Developments that does a lot of work on Ford Cosworths?

Apparently so not that I would know lol

JT
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 19:24
looking forward to seeing the results of this

A mate of mine had his cosworth tuned by Mark and couldn't believe the transformation!
as said, it was an animal!! :)

LiamT4
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 19:39
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvkk7GENhHk

smithy
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 19:46
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvkk7GENhHk

Nice vid and now we know what he looks like lol.but atleast he will know about garrett turbos like as peeps used to tell me old tech t35s lol.we will see how old tech t35s do on James car .

Jamest5r
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 19:52
Guess the bloke knows what he's doing then :) should be interesting lol

stribo
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 19:54
Guess the bloke knows what he's doing then :) should be interesting lol

The bloke is a legend in the Ford world, not sure what he's like with Volvos though. ;)

Jamest5r
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 19:59
if you want some company i'll come down with ya

Join the queue mate

Volvostorm
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 20:06
Awesome work on the exhaust Jim :D

I wonder if he fancies mapping another Volvo after yours? ;)

Jamest5r
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 20:14
The bloke is a legend in the Ford world, not sure what he's like with Volvos though. ;)

At least I'm running a t35 garret I'm sure he understands that breed of turbo ;)

T5RPete
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 20:24
Fantastic news! This car in the wet felt absolutely great. I'll have to book a passenger ride once it's mapped! haha

S70T5Chris
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 20:40
I very much look forward to seeing the results J

WOODY T5
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 21:24
Great news Jim hope u get some good results now

graemewelch
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 21:35
Hope you get some good results
Im sure youll be top three this year. Youve built a beast

AndysR
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 21:58

He makes Auto 850's with only a fettled 15G, dark greens and a 3" exhaust do 14.43 1/4's @ 101.85 mph ;)

So if he can improve an auto to that level just imagine what he can do with a highly modded manual... I personally can't wait to see the results ;)

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 22:39

Particular now that I am called Wobby Dave. LOL

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 22:57
Good luck with the new mapping venture.

Jamest5r
Saturday 15th March 2014, 17:23
Thought today I should sort my air filter out......

From this....

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0643_zpszubdspbs.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0643_zpszubdspbs.jpg.html)

To this....

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0644_zpszgzdt3h3.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0644_zpszgzdt3h3.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0645_zpsydrr6qm6.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0645_zpsydrr6qm6.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0646_zpsmbf7rewp.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0646_zpsmbf7rewp.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0647_zpsywnaz354.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0647_zpsywnaz354.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0648_zpsjdybylbi.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0648_zpsjdybylbi.jpg.html)

And as I was on a roll I swapped the blower motor so now I have heat again :)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0649_zpsbbhm7rap.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0649_zpsbbhm7rap.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0650_zpsiktlz3hr.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0650_zpsiktlz3hr.jpg.html)

Just got to wait till next Saturday for the mapping hope it stays dry

T5frankie
Saturday 15th March 2014, 18:35
did your car run rough for a while after 3" piping put on?

Jamest5r
Saturday 15th March 2014, 18:42
Ran dog rough when I put the 3" maf in but the rest of the pipe was 3" anyway, with the smaller maf and 3" pipe it was fine as it was today with 4" pipe now

iancho
Tuesday 18th March 2014, 07:16
Nice work Jim, car is looking good mate :)

JT
Tuesday 18th March 2014, 07:23
no cold air to the new filter?????:hidesbehi

lol

Jamest5r
Tuesday 18th March 2014, 11:38

lol

I don't drive fast enough to warrant it you know that :)

JT
Tuesday 18th March 2014, 19:15
I don't drive fast enough to warrant it you know that :)

Maybe not, but I know someone who will when you let him behind the wheel at the weekend!! Lol

Jim S70R
Tuesday 18th March 2014, 19:34
Good work, I bet you can't wait for the mapping weekend

Nealevo
Tuesday 18th March 2014, 20:17
Maybe not, but I know someone who will when you let him behind the wheel at the weekend!! Lol

sorry im away!!!

claymore
Tuesday 18th March 2014, 20:22

lol

I'm sure I could help him with that problem :)

AndysR
Tuesday 18th March 2014, 20:27
Can't wait to hear about your thoughts on the car after it's mapped! Honestly it will be like a different car when he's done with it ;)

JT
Tuesday 18th March 2014, 20:28
sorry im away!!!

pmsl!

speaking of which........you around on the 25/04? :)

Nealevo
Tuesday 18th March 2014, 20:43
pmsl!

speaking of which........you around on the 25/04? :)

yes mate back on 14th April, you at Donny???

JT
Tuesday 18th March 2014, 20:58
yes mate back on 14th April, you at Donny???

yes mate:)

I had a wander round there today............might need some help??!!:yikes:
lol

Jamest5r
Wednesday 19th March 2014, 10:46
Well just confirmed with Mark weather looking ok in.Marlow for Saturday can't wait now just hope it all goes ok!!!!

JT
Wednesday 19th March 2014, 11:06
Happy days!! :)

T5frankie
Wednesday 19th March 2014, 12:26
Tell him you want 30psi lol

Jamest5r
Wednesday 19th March 2014, 13:24
Tell him you want 30psi lol

Shut it you.......I'll see what he says and how far he reckons it can be pushed :)

T5frankie
Wednesday 19th March 2014, 15:01
Shut it you.......I'll see what he says and how far he reckons it can be pushed :)

Should beat deans time at avon then lol

WOODY T5
Wednesday 19th March 2014, 15:15
Should beat deans time at avon then lolwhy can he drive it right now lol

Jamest5r
Wednesday 19th March 2014, 17:55
why can he drive it right now lol

Taking lessons Saturday as well lol

JT
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 15:39
Sooooo??
Come on, spill the beans!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

MoleT-5R
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 16:20
It going to be even more rapid, when he's finish mapping it, will be interesting to see how much this tweak alters his 1/4 time.....thats if he can get it off the line tidy

T5frankie
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 16:28
It going to be even more rapid, when he's finish mapping it, will be interesting to see how much this tweak alters his 1/4 time.....thats if he can get it off the line tidy

still no quicker than you with a 15g lol

Jamest5r
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 16:35
Back home in a.bit but it's all in one piece and wot in 5th is 2 bar :)

MoleT-5R
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 16:39
Back home in a.bit but it's all in one piece and wot in 5th is 2 bar :)

nice, is it a completely different animal now ??

JT
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 18:46
Any dyno sheets from today or was it all 'live' ??

Jamest5r
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 19:26
Well what a day........arrived at Ma Developments just after 10 this morning, very small outfit in a unit on a.farm but lots of nice stuff in there, Mark is a top bloke very down to earth and easy to get on with, 1st job was to disconnect my afr sensor and screw his far more advanced one in, then he knocked up a det pipe and we were good to go and the turbo tuner connected straight away and gave no hassle thank f##k, took a little drive with the instructions "if I tell you to put your foot down plant it and don't lift for as long as you dare or I tell you to lift" so interesting time a head I thought, it was all lived mapped and took about 2 1/2 hours all in including pulling the plugs and shorting the gap to 22 thou as they were blowing out under hard boost which incidentally was a max of 2 bar/29psi in 5th fully loaded :) what do I think??..... Bloody hell it shifts now lol like a totally different car the pick up is instant and just pulls smooth to the red line in each gear, I'm a very happy man :) will take it to hlm rr soon just to see what it's putting out as I've only ever used that one dyno, oh and for any of you with a TT this service cost me.........250 quid :):):) thanks to Andy for pointing me in his direction had to wait a while but worth it

Some pics as we like pics

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0659_zpswcvsh3o8.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0659_zpswcvsh3o8.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0662_zpsck5u4jhb.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0662_zpsck5u4jhb.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0663_zpstb8pqhau.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0663_zpstb8pqhau.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0664_zpsr8jeyvlu.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0664_zpsr8jeyvlu.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0665_zpsgyhewm8o.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0665_zpsgyhewm8o.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0666_zpsdmy9mump.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0666_zpsdmy9mump.jpg.html)

This was a.full tank of v power when I started....178 to a tank WTF lol

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0667_zpsfhqsq8bl.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0667_zpsfhqsq8bl.jpg.html)

JT
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 19:30
awesome sfuff:)
passenger ride please! lol

stribo
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 19:52
I've only heard of Mark from the Ford scene (glad to see he's still playing with them) but he's a god with Cossies, glad to see his talents aren't just limited to them, and that he's sorted your car. Are you going to Avon next week?

LiamT4
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 19:54
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0659_zpswcvsh3o8.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0659_zpswcvsh3o8.jpg.html)

Looks like some weird evo estate in the top left??

Anyway, glad its sorted now and should go well on the 1/4mile too.

Jamest5r
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 19:57
awesome sfuff:)
passenger ride please! lol

Yep ill swop you lol

T5frankie
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 19:57
Looks like some weird evo estate in the top left??

Anyway, glad its sorted now and should go well on the 1/4mile too.

you can get evo estates mate rare though,

glad you're happy jimbob, 29psi mate whoo hoo car must be mental.............................:eclipsee_

Jamest5r
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 19:59
I've only heard of Mark from the Ford scene (glad to see he's still playing with them) but he's a god with Cossies, glad to see his talents aren't just limited to them, and that he's sorted your car. Are you going to Avon next week?

He said if it had been a cossie ecu he could of mapped it in half an hour lol

Yep going to Avon next week but wont be there till the afternoon as going to london sat night

Jamest5r
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 20:08
you can get evo estates mate rare though,

glad you're happy jimbob, 29psi mate whoo hoo car must be mental.............................:eclipsee_

yes it is a bit bonkers lol but getting used to it already, very strange sitting a 70 in 5th on the motorway then floor it and get 2 bar slapped in your back :)

LiamT4
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 20:23
yes it is a bit bonkers lol but getting used to it already, very strange sitting a 70 in 5th on the motorway then floor it and get 2 bar slapped in your back :)

Thats a proper test for the rods.

T5frankie
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 20:32

forged rods are a godsen, instant boooooost without bending bthem

Jamest5r
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 20:37
forged rods are a godsen, instant boooooost without bending bthem

They are that lol boost is a lot of fun to play with I was cacking myself today just glad nothing went bang

Post those vids I sent you I love the boost gauge on them lol

T5frankie
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 20:38
They are that lol boost is a lot of fun to play with I was cacking myself today just glad nothing went bang

i hope you have some expensive 5w50 oil in there mate

theflyingbrick
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 21:03
looks like you've had a productive day ill look forward to seeing how it all pans out,i can see some seriously interesting results this year ;)

WOODY T5
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 21:12
Jim is they a RR day coming up @ hlm?

Jamest5r
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 21:29
Jim is they a RR day coming up @ hlm?

Not that I know of I'll just pop down

AndysR
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 21:47
Awesome stuff James, sounds like your over the moon and as you say Mark certainly knows his stuff, yours is now the 4th Volvo to be mapped by him. It may of taken him 2 1/2 hrs but I bet he much prefered mapping a manual than doing my auto.. ;)

You love about yours exactly what I love about mine it's so smooth yet rapid at the same time, granted I'm not running 2 bar of boost and knowing how mine feels and drives at 1.45 bar yours must be on another level with the extra .55 bar :)

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 22:55
Sounds like you had a successful day. You shaking it down at Avon next week?

stribo
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 22:58

I think it'll be a bit more than a shake down, I think he'll be looking at knocking Dean off his perch, really looking forward to seeing it run. Are you coming Dave?

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 23:22
I am coming - and may even run. Completed 500 miles today. Assuming I can get this intermittant VVT thing resolved then I don't see why not.

stribo
Sunday 23rd March 2014, 00:10
I am coming - and may even run. Completed 500 miles today. Assuming I can get this intermittant VVT thing resolved then I don't see why not.

A VVT solenoid is winging it's way to you. :D And it's a poor excuse, I don't even have VVT.

Jamest5r
Sunday 23rd March 2014, 10:08

I think it'll be a bit more than a shake down, I think he'll be looking at knocking Dean off his perch, really looking forward to seeing it run. Are you coming Dave?

Think I will need some sort of diff to beat dean lol but I will show up and have a.laugh as usual :)

The Flying Moose
Sunday 23rd March 2014, 14:18
Glad it all went well mate!

Thats one heck of a service for £250, well worth the cash.

It'll be interesting to see the figures on the rolling road but as always it how she drives that counts and by all accounts its big grins all day long!

T5RPete
Sunday 23rd March 2014, 14:30
Great result man. I bet you're well happy!

T5frankie
Sunday 23rd March 2014, 14:39
jim has took my bet that he wont beat my time of 14.03 next week, looks like i'm a tenner up

Jim S70R
Sunday 23rd March 2014, 19:18
Wicked stuff jimbo!! I bet your well happy now, be interesting to see what it's pumping out and what she can achieve up the 1/4 mile.

Jamest5r
Monday 31st March 2014, 23:25
On the rollers Saturday morning, no idea what it will make maybe not much more I suspect just know it's running a lot smoother so hope to see a nice curve:)

Jamest5r
Monday 31st March 2014, 23:27
Just to keep stuff on the same thread

http://youtu.be/wqEbFvgaBHM

Jamest5r
Monday 31st March 2014, 23:28
http://youtu.be/2UiJQtjPCf4

Jamest5r
Monday 31st March 2014, 23:31
http://youtu.be/3FxvsEhP7js

Jamest5r
Tuesday 8th April 2014, 18:35
Thought I should add this to my thread,

Rolling roaded @ 361bhp and 555nm :)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0673_zpskcqftkb_edit_1396713836678_zpsxpuwi3gi .jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0673_zpskcqftkb_edit_1396713836678_zpsxpuwi3gi .jpg.html)

Frankie add the video please matey many thanks. :)

T5frankie
Tuesday 8th April 2014, 18:43
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgSDYorm9yI&list=UUn3Ddx_wFUM24qD8Yy9O2yQ

AndysR
Tuesday 8th April 2014, 19:35
Nice one James :)