PDA

View Full Version : which cam belt for a 95 850 t5 (teeth on belt)

streaky744
Sunday 6th December 2009, 22:34
want to order a cam belt kit for my car tommorrow as don't know its history. and as i will be changing after work as have full use of the workshop after hours didn't want to order the incorrect one and have car stuck in workshop and myself with out a ride home.
it seems there are a few options with a dayco kit regards the belt which are

94410 CAM 04/94►Mt 131034 Primary Timing belt 143 x 21.0
94600 CAM Mt 131035►08/95 Primary Timing belt 148 x 23.0
94767 CAM Mt 131035►08/95 Primary Timing belt 144 x 23.0

my car was registered in may 1995 so which one of the above belts should fit or should i just get all of them and send wrong ones back lol

anyone know?

T5ER
Sunday 6th December 2009, 22:38
Hi mate tbh see rufe on here and get the genuine kit or see tms hinckley for it oth do good discounts and also the best bet as you will et the right belt

Wayne

Jod T5
Sunday 6th December 2009, 23:04
want to order a cam belt kit for my car tommorrow as don't know its history. and as i will be changing after work as have full use of the workshop after hours didn't want to order the incorrect one and have car stuck in workshop and myself with out a ride home.
it seems there are a few options with a dayco kit regards the belt which are

94410 CAM 04/94►Mt 131034 Primary Timing belt 143 x 21.0
94600 CAM Mt 131035►08/95 Primary Timing belt 148 x 23.0
94767 CAM Mt 131035►08/95 Primary Timing belt 144 x 23.0

my car was registered in may 1995 so which one of the above belts should fit or should i just get all of them and send wrong ones back lol

anyone know?

It will depend on your engine number...
Any dealer will be able to give you the part number..
I recommend a dealer part here......

Jod

streaky744
Sunday 6th December 2009, 23:13
where will i find the engine code? or is it easier just to ring main dealer to get the number?

and reason for using dayco is we have account with them at work so cost's me very little compared to genuine parts and never had any problems with there kits before but will compare price Rufe can get the kit for

Jod T5
Sunday 6th December 2009, 23:24
where will i find the engine code? or is it easier just to ring main dealer to get the number?

and reason for using dayco is we have account with them at work so cost's me very little compared to genuine parts and never had any problems with there kits before but will compare price Rufe can get the kit for

The engine number should be on the cam-belt cover on a sticker or it should be on your log book
Jod

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 6th December 2009, 23:25
The engine number is on the cam belt cover above the engine code, and is also down the back of the engine

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s101/bomb192uk/enumber.jpg

Just had a new cambelt kit for mine for around £24 from Rufe

streaky744
Sunday 6th December 2009, 23:43
thanks chaps will look in daylight for the number (no log book as of yet as its on its way to dvla as just bought car yesterday

Rufe
Wednesday 9th December 2009, 14:52
hi mate,

you may be surprised just how low priced the genuine timing belts are after discount, i mean your probably going to be looking around £20 to £30 posted for a belt (wont know until i have the details) but when you consider these are top quality they cant be more than a tenner different to the non genuine belt surely, and that's not much difference at all when you consider its a timing belt you are talking about.

If you still want a price for this simply get me the information as mentioned above and I can get you a price and availability.

Simon :)

T5ER
Wednesday 9th December 2009, 14:54
for timing belts on a volvo i would go genuine everytime as i also would plugs, arm, dizzy cap and leads as you know they will fit right

Rufe
Wednesday 9th December 2009, 15:18
for timing belts on a volvo i would go genuine everytime as i also would plugs, arm, dizzy cap and leads as you know they will fit right

have you priced up genuine leads yet for your omega? i needed a set when i had the vectra (with same engine as you have) and vauxhall wanted £300 or so for the privelidge. ouch

most service parts for volvos are pretty reasonably priced in my opinion, like an oil filter is around a fiver, air filters are around a tenner (after discount i mean) which does make full sense to stay genuine for these sort of items at least.

T5ER
Wednesday 9th December 2009, 15:35
lol rufe you know me wont have the car that long to need to replace them, did wonder why most people put 10mm magnecor leads on them

streaky744
Wednesday 9th December 2009, 19:55
well impressed with the price of genuine parts after discount.

just awaiting price on a full cambelt kit as i won't change just a belt as more often than not its the tensioner that gives out not the belt once you change a belt.

awaits to be shot down on this comment from those in the know lol

T5ER
Wednesday 9th December 2009, 20:06
not from me know what you mean, happened to me on my iveco spec lift, my gaffer fitted a belt but not the tensioner, 500 miles later poooooof tensioner gone belt flew off and snapped and one trashed 2.5 td engine lol 130 miles from home hmmmmmmmmmmmmm