PDA

View Full Version : heated mirrors

nick
Tuesday 1st December 2009, 08:25
its that time of the year when you find stuff that you haven't used in a while to be broken !!

my drivers side heated mirror is not working (rear window and passenger work fine) - is there anything obvious i should be checking for ?.

can the mirror be easily removed to check for wiring breaks and can the heating element be replaced without changing the entire unit ?.

cheers,

nick

Tomcat
Tuesday 1st December 2009, 09:37
This is a common problem I have at least 3 old mirrors lying around the garage that look ok but won't heat up. To remove the mirror, move it either fully to the left or the right, get your fingers behind it and pull, it will unclip and you will see the two wires that push onto spade connectors on the rear of the mirror. More than likely it will just be the heating element in the mirror that's knackered so you'll have to replace the whole mirror.

nick
Tuesday 1st December 2009, 09:42
thanks for that - i assume you just replace the mirror with heating element attached rather than the entire wing mirror unit ?

any idea of part number ?

Tomcat
Tuesday 1st December 2009, 10:00
That you do, it's very easy to remove the mirror glass, just pull yours out and have a look at the back of it, the part number is there.

nick
Tuesday 1st December 2009, 10:02
cheers ta
:biggrin:

cameron
Tuesday 1st December 2009, 19:44
See Rufe on here for genuine parts with a good discount :B_thumb: