PDA

View Full Version : Missing Service History

ddmgti
Monday 30th November 2009, 15:40
I bought my car a 1995 T5 with little or no Service History,would Volvo Dealers keep a record of servicing? assuming of course it was serviced by Volvo, it seems to have started life as a Boots the Chemists company car,

Andy G
Monday 30th November 2009, 18:09
well I gave my VIN to my local dealer and they printed off what they had on the system. I needed the radio code so I had all the docs with me at the time though, so not sure that will have had any bearing on things.

p fandango
Monday 30th November 2009, 18:17
well I gave my VIN to my local dealer and they printed off what they had on the system. I needed the radio code so I had all the docs with me at the time though, so not sure that will have had any bearing on things.
it really does depend on how friendly you are with the dealer, i've had them give me radio codes for someone elses car with no documents, so service history will be no problem if your nice enough to them lol

Jimmie
Monday 30th November 2009, 18:26
Any main dealer will get the history of the car but not what it required but only if the servicing was done by Volvo.
Rufe might be able to help if you have problems,top bloke.

cameron
Monday 30th November 2009, 20:37
I asked Simon ( Rufe ) as i had no service history either and he kindly printed off what he could find and posted it to me FOC :B_thumb:

I also tried to contact the last owner from the V5 but for some strange reason he sent me history for a S40 T4 instead :doh:

Im useless at service history, i should be keeping track of everything im doing but havent been :buttkick:

p fandango
Monday 30th November 2009, 21:09
Im useless at service history, i should be keeping track of everything im doing but havent been :buttkick:
BT's service history & receipts lol

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/3654/lgim0001y.jpg

cameron
Monday 30th November 2009, 21:50
Problem is Pedro i didnt get any S/H with my car, the only things i have are a slip of paper from Rufe, a few receipts from rufe and a rolling road print out :doh:

A lot of the stuff i buy is off PFS or Rufe and i dont get receipts of PFS :(

The previous owner Mr John Lyons-Talor from Southport promised to send me the S/H but still hasnt and ive lost his address.

p fandango
Tuesday 1st December 2009, 13:09
Problem is Pedro i didnt get any S/H with my car, the only things i have are a slip of paper from Rufe, a few receipts from rufe and a rolling road print out :doh:

A lot of the stuff i buy is off PFS or Rufe and i dont get receipts of PFS :(

The previous owner Mr John Lyons-Talor from Southport promised to send me the S/H but still hasnt and ive lost his address.
i didn't get any history with Bonny, & tbh not really to bothered as i don't intend spending much on her (HID's possibly). I know what you mean about not getting receipts, my bro used to work in the local car accessory shop so i got everything at cost so got no paperwork for any of it (including all the old stereo gear)

Porcine_Aviator
Tuesday 1st December 2009, 13:31
Rufe very kindly printed out the service history Volvo have on Christine. The previous owner promised it to us but it never turned up.

So we have very little idea as to who did what to her and when.

But the service history will only be what Volvo have on the computers.

cameron
Tuesday 1st December 2009, 19:41
Yeah likewise unfortunatelly :grumpy:

Just hope it doesnt scupper any future sale.

Saying that if your looking for a T5 then you " should " know what your looking at and be able to tell its been looked after :B_thumb: