PDA

View Full Version : running lean?

jadblobs
Monday 30th November 2009, 12:24
Hi guys got my code reader, which by the way is brill!, its come up with a fault
"system Running Lean" any ideas what could actually be the problem? it has a fault code but doesent give any ideas what the actual problem could be.
cheers
Jared

code is P0171 which ive cleared and now is in pending see what happens!

sebasteeno
Monday 30th November 2009, 15:52
Think ive got the same problem with mine. The engine management light is on and the code reader gave a code of P1171. My car also has a very slight apprehension in accelerating. Anyway after some reading up on p1171 it says it could be MAF related so my motors off to my mech over the weekend to hopefully get this sorted.

P1171 (http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index.php/topic/39386-pesky-p1171-code/)

jadblobs
Monday 30th November 2009, 16:17
I had a new maf on mine Ive swapped between the 2 and still getting the same result so must be somthing else. Need to check the fuel pump, does anyone know haw to check the pressure?

regards
Jad

cookie
Monday 30th November 2009, 16:24
Air Leak???

well worth checking the cheap/free solutions B4 thinking of throwing parts at it, its as likely to be air in the system post MAF than the MAF itself. dirty injectors may cause, but I'd go over pipes with a fine tooth comb first

jadblobs
Monday 30th November 2009, 16:41
I have checked and carnt fined anything, does anyone know how I can do a smoke test on th intake system? least this should show up leaks easily.

Jad

more info, just checked fuel trim

short Is in the + most of the time

long is around -24 most of the time

any ideas?

jad