PDA

View Full Version : warning light on

preacher38
Sunday 29th November 2009, 17:29
new light on dash " fault in the engine electronic system " , car runs fine even with this on at the mo , handbook says its to do with fuel or ignition system or that it doesnt meet exaust regs , does anyone have any help on this as i cant get the car in till next weekend to be looked at and if their is a chance that i might bugger it up i'm going to have to get another mode of transport .... cheers vinny .

T5ER
Sunday 29th November 2009, 17:37
would get the codes read matey asap either dealer/ independant or maybe somebody on here can help

cameron
Sunday 29th November 2009, 23:27
Do you mean the Lambda Light ? ( Triangle )

preacher38
Monday 30th November 2009, 01:06
i do indeed , that is the one , is it serious " please say no " ......

cameron
Monday 30th November 2009, 11:40
IIRC its fuel / exhaust related.

Pull the codes and see what comes up.

pjay
Wednesday 16th December 2009, 23:29
don't worry about the lambda light mine has been on for nearly 2 years, just gone thru mot 2 months ago, emissions great well below limit, mine runs on gas also so my lambda is confused but i have got used to mine so i just ignore it, i have covered over 18000 miles in the last 2 years no problem...

preacher38
Thursday 17th December 2009, 20:12
just took it down to my garage for him to plug his code reader in £4000 gadget didnt work , tried the ever so slightly cheaper version , didnt work , then he tried the £80 one " worked " , turns out it was just showing an error code , as in somewhere along the line a sensor somewhere threw a fit and put the light on ...... " phew " .... he reset it and didnt even take a penny for his time ..... top bloke .

preacher38
Thursday 17th December 2009, 20:15
cheers to pjay for the comment and to everyone else , oh and the avatar you have is tops pjay ........... i mould myself on peter griffin from family guy ... he's a god !!...