PDA

View Full Version : Air intake leaks and splits.

siamblue
Sunday 12th June 2005, 17:16
My car for a while has been making a high pitch whine when cold in the mornings only for about 30 seconds driving up the road from cold at 3k,
Thought it was a leaky hose,
Anyway today i was up for checking the intake side of things and took the reverse I/C pipe off, The reducer on top of the turbo had a residue around it so i checked the bottom clamp before i took it off and it was a little undone,
Checked the reducer hose and there are 2 large splits on the inside, It isn't split all of the way through yet but it was only a matter of time,
Does anyone know where i can get another after market hose? As i don't want to go main dealer i might as well pay for a Samco or other quality Silicone replacement,
At the same time i took the Boost control valve off and cleaned that up too.
By squirting electronic cleaner through it.

So peeps check yours hose out, My car is 7 years old and the hoses are tired.

Gary

p fandango
Sunday 12th June 2005, 17:19
Samco do a kit for the normal IC but not the reverse, demon tweeks sell the pipes individually if you give them the measurements

siamblue
Sunday 12th June 2005, 17:22
Thanks Duane i have got the dimensions but had to put the car all back together as i need to use it tomorrow as i am at long last getting the top mount fitted and the new tyres. Bumpity bump bump here we come..

p fandango
Sunday 12th June 2005, 17:23
tbh Gary as your reverse IC was specially made & not the same as the Volvo kit you might have to go down that route