PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Road Today!

j@mie
Saturday 28th November 2009, 10:09
Went down to Torque of the Devil this morning with my mate Gary, to see the results on the BSR Stage 1 Remap - ensure its working correctly.

On the BSR website this is what is says:

Volvo S40N/V50 T5 220/230Hp 2004-2008 Stage 1 Stage 1: 258Hp / 412Nm

My car, on the rollers did:

263Hp / 450Nm

Have a look at the power graph!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jamie.vicky61/power_graph_volvot5_web.jpg

cookie
Saturday 28th November 2009, 22:05
Do you have PPC? and if so did you do a B4 and after to get a comparison, software should protect AFR's and Boost, but did you get them plotted?

t5_monkey
Saturday 28th November 2009, 23:11
I've been asking around about getting mine Dynoed - apparently the results can vary greatly unless it's a top quality dyno (i.e. Maha?)

cameron
Sunday 29th November 2009, 00:44
Where do you live Monkey ?

I know of a Maha in Leeds if thats any good to you.

j@mie
Sunday 29th November 2009, 09:28
No i didn't get a 'before' and 'after'... wish i did.

i couldn't because my mate Gary... his mate that works at torque of the devil fitted me in before 'Corsa Sport', they had like 30 Corsa's to do that day.

Mine went in first, and they only charged me £35, the same as what the other group cars were getting, which I thought was good of them.

Was funny watching all the Corsa lot looking at the big plasma display, and when they say 263bhp show up - they're all like... 'so ok innit' lol

As for the accurancy, apparently Dyno Dynamic's at 'Torque's' are suppose to be the ££££££££, my mate and all his Cosworth, RS boys go down there a lot, and they all think its the best.

Still, I'm happy with the result, even the tuner there, was like...'What the hell is this suppose to be - book?' He was very impressed, especially with the torque.

Well done BSR!

cragmaz
Sunday 29th November 2009, 11:10
I've been asking around about getting mine Dynoed - apparently the results can vary greatly unless it's a top quality dyno (i.e. Maha?)

My Bro-in-law got one buddy,

its a Maha LPS3000 ,4wd, state of the art dyno cell, they do all diagnostics and live re-mapping and tuning on all petrol and diesels, my Highly Modded T5 was a bit of a development vehicle, and the results speak for themselves!!

So, If ya fancy a run up on it, gimmie a shout or check out- www.bhptuner.co.uk

They are based in central Leeds, just near the Gyratory.

Quote from Maha them selves below--

"The Maha LPS3000 Dyno is, it's one of a few that acurately measures transmission losses, what does this mean? Well to put it simple, most vehicle manufacturers quote flywheel horsepower figures rather than road wheel figures, the numbers are bigger, sound more impressive and this is what sells cars. Although it's nice to know what power it is actually putting down on the tarmac, we believe it's more important to calculate flywheel figures, after all, that's what the manufaturers do, if it can't measure transmission losses accurately, then it's not a true dynometer, how can you really know the true results!?"

Contraversial i know, and the topic of many arguments, but we believe it to be as accurate as possible, thats why they invested nearly 100k on it.

Hope this may help you, and if i can be of any further assistance, give me a shout.

Craig

t5_monkey
Monday 11th January 2010, 23:42
My Bro-in-law got one buddy,

its a Maha LPS3000 ,4wd, state of the art dyno cell, they do all diagnostics and live re-mapping and tuning on all petrol and diesels, my Highly Modded T5 was a bit of a development vehicle, and the results speak for themselves!!

So, If ya fancy a run up on it, gimmie a shout or check out- www.bhptuner.co.uk

They are based in central Leeds, just near the Gyratory.

Quote from Maha them selves below--

"The Maha LPS3000 Dyno is, it's one of a few that acurately measures transmission losses, what does this mean? Well to put it simple, most vehicle manufacturers quote flywheel horsepower figures rather than road wheel figures, the numbers are bigger, sound more impressive and this is what sells cars. Although it's nice to know what power it is actually putting down on the tarmac, we believe it's more important to calculate flywheel figures, after all, that's what the manufaturers do, if it can't measure transmission losses accurately, then it's not a true dynometer, how can you really know the true results!?"

Contraversial i know, and the topic of many arguments, but we believe it to be as accurate as possible, thats why they invested nearly 100k on it.

Hope this may help you, and if i can be of any further assistance, give me a shout.

Craig

Hey Craig,

Thanks - I'm actually from not 2 far from Leeds, but live in Glasgow unfortunately!

I'm after a Focus RS.2 turbo for mine... straight bolt on fitment and should let me go to 330bhp as a daily drive no probs with lower compression rods.

In the meantime all I'l be doing is saving money! :rolleyes: