PDA

View Full Version : intermitent non running !!

volvoboyt5
Saturday 28th November 2009, 00:50
alright guy,s,, maybe you can help ..
im having trouble with my new 850 ,, it keeps breaking down , and acting like there,s no fuel .. ive changed the fuel pump , the pink relay , the fuel pressure sender thingy, the plugs , the cap and the coil , ive also checked all the connections to the coil and the fuel pump and had a good look for anything obvious .. but its still doing it ,like i said it will just stop , and then fire for a secand maybe run for 2 secands but not rev up . but if you leave it for a while it will start right up with no trouble and run fine ..

any idea,s ? ,

Tomcat
Saturday 28th November 2009, 00:58
Get the codes read, unless it's a 95 then you can read your own codes, that will tell you if the car has logged any faults and what they are, it's better than guessing.

volvoboyt5
Saturday 28th November 2009, 01:01
yea , ile pop and see my mate tomorrow and see if he can plug it in .. i was almost certain the new fuel pump would have sorted it , as it was really noisy , im thinkin maybe a fuel filter wouldnt hurt either .. i hope to get to the bottom of it this weekend cos at the moment i cant trust it enough to let my mrs and kiddie cruise it through the week while im at work ..

Tomcat
Saturday 28th November 2009, 01:09
A fuel filter would definatley not hurt, should have been done as the first job really as it's a damn sight cheaper than a fuel pump. Let us know how you get on....But defo get a fuel filter on it!!!..

volvoboyt5
Saturday 28th November 2009, 01:11
will do , ile let you kno how i get on tomorrow ,

cheers