PDA

View Full Version : standard boost gage

woking rob
Friday 27th November 2009, 18:49
my standard boost gage on my t5 doesnt work, does any1 no wot to look for to fix it? and when i give it some beans u can here the boost and sometimes it sounds like its chattering and boost dont feel as strong any ideas? (it has had the boost turned up by the actuator) thank u for any help

bobbych
Friday 27th November 2009, 18:51
when you say it does not work, what is it doing. is it sat in the 12 oclock position and not moving? if so, you will find your vaccum hose has come apart somewhere

woking rob
Friday 27th November 2009, 18:58
yeah its not moving and sat at 12, thank u how will i no if its over boostin? its the first turbo car i have ever drove lol

irf
Friday 27th November 2009, 19:00
look in the engine bay for a white (ish) vacuum pipe, around the vacuum tree area, sounds like it's disconnected somewhere along the line and will give you reduced boost as a result.

bobbych
Friday 27th November 2009, 19:02
it is normally an easy fix. the vacuum lines are under the bonnet, from the vacuum tree under the throttle cover. you can trace the boost one [normally white but not always] from the tree, to the front, down by LH headlamp, and back along the underside to the RH side, then back to the bulkhead. It normally has a join just after the throttle area which comes apart

bobbych
Friday 27th November 2009, 19:08
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=59434&highlight=turbo+gauge

woking rob
Saturday 28th November 2009, 13:56
woo hooo fixed it, it nearly goes to the end of the gauge :) its had the actuator turned up if i do it some more will it b safe? (i want it to go off the gage)

Jod T5
Saturday 28th November 2009, 17:12
woo hooo fixed it, it nearly goes to the end of the gauge :) its had the actuator turned up if i do it some more will it b safe? (i want it to go off the gage)

:slap:

Jod