PDA

View Full Version : Volvo S80 T6

Matt_R
Sunday 12th June 2005, 14:43
Hi,

First of all sorry if this is the wrong place to post, as its about an S80! - but this seems a great website, so i joined up :B_steerin

I wonder if many people have upgraded there air filters? and if so, to what?

I'm hoping to keep the standard air box, but let the engine breath a little more.

Whats peoples recommendations as to what make / where to buy etc?

Thanks in advance,

Matt.

Andrew
Sunday 12th June 2005, 14:46
This is one of the first basic modifications. Many people prefer a uprated panel filter for use in a standard box rather than implement and induction kit / cone filter.

The two most popular ones come from ITG or K&N. I've used both with excellent results. VolvoTuning UK recommend the ITG Green panel filter and many folks here who have tuned and tweaked go along with their judgement.

Hope this helps.
Andrew.

Matt_R
Sunday 12th June 2005, 14:57
This is one of the first basic modifications. Many people prefer a uprated panel filter for use in a standard box rather than implement and induction kit / cone filter.

The two most popular ones come from ITG or K&N. I've used both with excellent results. VolvoTuning UK recommend the ITG Green panel filter and many folks here who have tuned and tweaked go along with their judgement.

Hope this helps.
Andrew.

Thats great, thanks! - Ive just been looking at the ITG filters, although i hadn't heard of them before, so was a little undecided.

I take it, there as good as K&N then? - if they are, i'll definetly get one.

Will it improve the cars engine noise aswell? or do you only really find a difference with a cone style?

Matt.

Andrew
Sunday 12th June 2005, 15:17
I don't think you'll notice much noise and the ITG is preferred by most over the K&N. If you really want more noise - drill the bottom of your airbox - you'll clearly hear more grunt then - search the archive for the many many discussions on that one :)

Matt_R
Sunday 12th June 2005, 15:49
ok, nice one! - do you know the best place to buy them?? - is volvotuning.co.uk a good place? as i can't seem to find them for the S80 anywhere else!

Andrew
Sunday 12th June 2005, 16:07
ok, nice one! - do you know the best place to buy them?? - is volvotuning.co.uk a good place? as i can't seem to find them for the S80 anywhere else!

Yup - best bet is to give Adam or Hamish or any of the girls in the office a call at the number provided on the site on Monday and they'll sort you out.

Mention this forum.
Andrew.