PDA

View Full Version : rear suspension wear?

Graemeb
Thursday 26th November 2009, 17:23
Hi guys,

Wondered if you could help. I bought a 2005 V70 T5 geartronic with 120,000 miles on, all history etc. It doe sfeel as though the rear shocks/buses are worn as there seems to be a bit of movement when going over rougher section sof road, usually at town speeds.
Is this fairly normal or are suspension components getting past thier best.
If they are and need replacing, what do you recommend - is it worth going for uprated shock/bushes.
Also, what tyres seem to suit the T5 best. Currently got horrible P6000 on the front which the dealer put on and Cont sportcontact 3 on the rear. Any ideas

Graeme

v70torslanda
Friday 27th November 2009, 00:11
Do I take it you've sorted the front end? Wishbone front bushes ok? This is the 'usual' gremlin when troubled with imprecise handling.

Rear axles are not noted for failing bushes, does it have Nivomats/is it ex-plod? If so and if it needs rear shox then be prepared for a blood letting at the dealer. PM Rufe of this very parish for discount prices. If it's on standard shocks then PM ne the reg number and I'll quote you for Sachs or Boge rears.

Tyreswise I like Falken ZE-912s. They're well priced - £60 each - good grip and reasonable wear. Bin the Pirelli ditchfinders when they wear out. IMHO

J

cornclose
Friday 27th November 2009, 08:39
Contisport contact 3 are good tyres IMO, I had them on the rear about a year ago and was so impressed with them I put them on the front, so now I have them all round.

P6000 are crap though, and you really don't want them at all let alone on the front!

I think pretty much everyone would agree about P6000 being crap, bit you'll get as many opinions as posters regarding other makes of tyre...

Graemeb
Monday 30th November 2009, 17:36
It's not an ex plod car, and I have not done anything else with it, only had it a month or so.

C70 GTT5
Monday 30th November 2009, 17:49
can you get yoko's on t5's on every car i have had i have found them great!