PDA

View Full Version : Light knocking noise - Front !!!

blackcurrantGLT
Sunday 12th June 2005, 11:17
Hi Guys ,
Its been a while since I posted - Been out Njoying mee VOLVA !!! I have ,or should I say , the car has developed a light knocking noise on the front end when travelling on uneven road surfaces at slow speeds . Any one got any ideas ? Also the tracs/abs light comes on but only inermittently , usually when I have a car full of peeps ! Could it be dodgy wiring to an ABS sensor or is it a bit more serious ?
I've tried driving like a funeral director recently (comfortable but very sleep inducing!!! ) I got mee 32 mpg rund toon !!!! Use neutral when going downhill and watch ya fuel comsumption figure go UP !!

NOT BAD A SAYS !!!

stuAWD
Sunday 12th June 2005, 18:42
Check out the anti roll bar suspension links for the knocking, not much idea about the ABS warning warning light though.

ShaunS70T5
Sunday 12th June 2005, 19:15
Exactly the same as mine, knockn noise from the front at low speeds and at times ABS and brake warning light comes on and the speedo goes to zero and the mileage goes blank................when this happens when am driving i take my foot off the accelorater and put it back on its very jerky :slap:

Martinr
Sunday 12th June 2005, 20:53
Cheeck the anti roll bar links as suggested. I had mine done and problem solved. They are about £20 pair I think.

Regarding the ABS/Tracs problem, they ABS ECU's are prone to the solder drying out. This is expensive if you go through Volvo but Wobbly Dave has established a cottage industry doing these. Over to you Dave :)