PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye clutch

T5n00b
Wednesday 25th November 2009, 15:38
I have a M reg (94?) 850 T5 estate. My clutch is going, I want to get a new one this week. I am looking to get 350bhp/500Nm or abouts sometime soon, so puting another standard clutch makes no sense. What can people suggest, was thinking of the Spec so122 stage 2; can anyone confirm that it fits?, but cant seem to find a uk supplier. HELP!! looking at about £450. sachs and other companies are really dificult to find compatability confirmation.

Tomcat
Wednesday 25th November 2009, 16:03
The R clutch is a good upgrade and you can get a good price from RUFE, if however you want something better why not speak to Russ at RT, IIRC he's using a paddle clutch on his.

850 2.5 10v
Wednesday 25th November 2009, 16:44
I have a M reg (94?) 850 T5 estate. My clutch is going, I want to get a new one this week. I am looking to get 350bhp/500Nm or abouts sometime soon, so puting another standard clutch makes no sense. What can people suggest, was thinking of the Spec so122 stage 2; can anyone confirm that it fits?, but cant seem to find a uk supplier. HELP!! looking at about £450. sachs and other companies are really dificult to find compatability confirmation.

If you are worried about spending £450 on a clutch then I do think you need to have a sense check on what kindof money you will need to spend to hit 350bhp and on top of that, the upgraded brake work etc..you will need too.

Russ is you first port of call agree with TC.

Good luck.

T5n00b
Wednesday 25th November 2009, 16:57
Im not worried about the pennies really, but I know if im even going to think about power upgrades, however delusional, clutch is a reasonable start, and seeing as its going anyway just thought a figure of 350ish as the dream. Even if i dont get to that then at least im prepped to not mince a clutch if I were to.
Im just looking to get ideas. preferably exact part numbers and suppliers. The problem I found with the Spec clutches is that it just seems to be the US that has them and you are looking at $200 shipping! how do i get hold of russ?

Al115
Wednesday 25th November 2009, 17:43
I'm running a Spec clutch on my T4. Works well, bites quite sharply though!!!

Tomcat
Wednesday 25th November 2009, 17:47
You can PM Russ on here.

S70T5Chris
Wednesday 25th November 2009, 17:53
I'm using an 850R clutch in my S70. The car was dyno'd at 314bhp & 375lb/ft last year. When the car was originally remapped, the standard clutch started slipping, the 850R clutch is fine.

The car will be going in for a few more upgrades soon, and should be kicking around the 350bhp mark. I'm hoping the 850R clutch will hold. If not, Helix do an 'uprated' organic clutch, which should do the job, roughly about £500.

RT MECHANICS
Thursday 26th November 2009, 18:33

Hi T5Noob

Thought i might be able to help Helix clutchs are very good quality it pays to get the right clutch in place before you go tuning the car to far :slap:there nothing more annoying then getting some power then the clutch lets go,the 850R clutch is quite a good mod unless your going for the higher numbers :)

I have no experience of the spec clutchs but a quick ask on the usa forums will find a very mixed bag of results with the spec ones.

Just for info i run a Helix full paddle in my 850 and have so far got the hp to 591 and the torque to 524 ftlbs which exceeds the limits of the paddle by 100 ftlbs so far so good.......

Good luck with your car :) if you need any help or advise please call me 01428 648648

Russ

S70T5Chris
Thursday 26th November 2009, 18:40
Hi T5Noob

Thought i might be able to help Helix clutchs are very good quality it pays to get the right clutch in place before you go tuning the car to far :slap:there nothing more annoying then getting some power then the clutch lets go,the 850R clutch is quite a good mod unless your going for the higher numbers :)

I have no experience of the spec clutchs but a quick ask on the usa forums will find a very mixed bag of results with the spec ones.

Just for info i run a Helix full paddle in my 850 and have so far got the hp to 591 and the torque to 524 ftlbs which exceeds the limits of the paddle by 100 ftlbs so far so good.......

Good luck with your car :) if you need any help or advise please call me 01428 648648

Russ

How far is too far for an 850R clutch Russ?

spesh
Thursday 26th November 2009, 23:15
im running a 850r clutch on my car with a gt30 on guess it was running about 380bhp before i took it off the road, but i have the uprated sach racing cover plate (the springy looking thingy) not once has it slipped ive been on a track day and 1/4 mile ing, ive run the turbo at over 2 bar at 1 point, no slippage, bitting point is the same as driving a standard t5, but the peddal is a little stiffer, as the engine and box is out if your interested i could take the part number off it.

RT MECHANICS
Friday 27th November 2009, 06:07
im running a 850r clutch on my car with a gt30 on guess it was running about 380bhp before i took it off the road, but i have the uprated sach racing cover plate (the springy looking thingy) not once has it slipped ive been on a track day and 1/4 mile ing, ive run the turbo at over 2 bar at 1 point, no slippage, bitting point is the same as driving a standard t5, but the peddal is a little stiffer, as the engine and box is out if your interested i could take the part number off it.

Hi Spesh

Thats interesting what torque did it make ?

Russ

S70T5Chris
Friday 27th November 2009, 06:47

I'd be interested in the part number for the sachs cover plate, just for future reference! ta muchly.

S70T5Chris
Friday 27th November 2009, 06:48
Hi Spesh

Thats interesting what torque did it make ?

Russ

leet5r
Friday 27th November 2009, 12:08
I'm using an 850R clutch in my S70. The car was dyno'd at 314bhp & 375lb/ft last year. When the car was originally remapped, the standard clutch started slipping, the 850R clutch is fine.

The car will be going in for a few more upgrades soon, and should be kicking around the 350bhp mark. I'm hoping the 850R clutch will hold. If not, Helix do an 'uprated' organic clutch, which should do the job, roughly about £500.what spec are you using to get 314bhp

S70T5Chris
Friday 27th November 2009, 17:00
what spec are you using to get 314bhp

Ported P2 16T, Ferrita 3" downpipe/race cat, Miltek cat-back, green injectors, bigger throttle body, Ported ME7 Manifold, Alloy Intercooler, Reverse Flow Pipework, BSR Optiflow Induction Kit, Custom MTE Map.

The run was done last year in November, and it was bloody cold out. I ran my T4 at the same time, and then again a few months later on a different RR, and it came out exactly the same. So it's gotta be a reasonably accurate figure.

leet5r
Friday 27th November 2009, 17:04
Ported P2 16T, Ferrita 3" downpipe/race cat, Miltek cat-back, green injectors, bigger throttle body, Ported ME7 Manifold, Alloy Intercooler, Reverse Flow Pipework, BSR Optiflow Induction Kit, Custom MTE Map.

The run was done last year in November, and it was bloody cold out. I ran my T4 at the same time, and then again a few months later on a different RR, and it came out exactly the same. So it's gotta be a reasonably accurate figure.

cheers pal i dont seem to be able to find any bits for mine lol you got anything lying about for sale

S70T5Chris
Friday 27th November 2009, 17:09
cheers pal i dont seem to be able to find any bits for mine lol you got anything lying about for sale

What you after!? I've got a KKK24 ready to go on shortly, so my turbo will be available soon. I also have a pre-me7 16t (straight flange) from a c70 lying around and a standard downpipe to fit it, white injectors, uuuumm..... can't think of anything else at the mo!

leet5r
Friday 27th November 2009, 17:14
you not got a gt47r lol . i dont want to go daft just yet as am out of work lol . but would like a proper 300bhp like so what every bits a need lol have you done the con rods on yours m8.cheers

S70T5Chris
Friday 27th November 2009, 17:23
The car is going in for more work very soon. New bits to fit are K24, Forged Rods, Ported/Flowed Cylinder Head, NA Cams, Water Injection, Few other bits and Bobs.

I know where there is a 19t with a rica remapped ecu (bosch 4.3) for sale, with a suitable downpipe and some better breathing mods that should see 300bhp comfortably.

leet5r
Friday 27th November 2009, 17:37
The car is going in for more work very soon. New bits to fit are K24, Forged Rods, Ported/Flowed Cylinder Head, NA Cams, Water Injection, Few other bits and Bobs.

I know where there is a 19t with a rica remapped ecu (bosch 4.3) for sale, with a suitable downpipe and some better breathing mods that should see 300bhp comfortably.

sounds good m8 , how much is the 19t and map like m8

S70T5Chris
Friday 27th November 2009, 17:42
sounds good m8 , how much is the 19t and map like m8

contact Warren (volvolised on here, KVO on t5d5)

leet5r
Friday 27th November 2009, 17:49
contact Warren (volvolised on here, KVO on t5d5)

cheers bud

T5n00b
Sunday 29th November 2009, 23:08
Right! the pay packet is in and on what you are seeming to say ill give the 850R clutch a bash. Does anyone have part numbers, suppliers, or prices. B5234T would be the engine, Gbox is im presuming the standard fit to an m reg 850T5. all advice welcomed and thanks for all so far.

Tomcat
Monday 30th November 2009, 05:57
Pm RUFE on here, it'll be a genuine Volvo part and a damn good price too.

S70T5Chris
Monday 30th November 2009, 09:45
Hi T5Noob

Russ

S70T5Chris
Monday 30th November 2009, 09:47
Pm RUFE on here, it'll be a genuine Volvo part and a damn good price too.

+1

I got mine through Rufe, IIRC it was around £200 maybe a bit less.

Mental Wealth Doctor
Monday 30th November 2009, 11:35
What you after!? I've got a KKK24 ready to go on shortly, so my turbo will be available soon. I also have a pre-me7 16t (straight flange) from a c70 lying around and a standard downpipe to fit it, white injectors, uuuumm..... can't think of anything else at the mo!

what you after for turbo and injectors? how many miles on turbo?

S70T5Chris
Monday 30th November 2009, 13:08
what you after for turbo and injectors? how many miles on turbo?

The injectors and turbo are from a 98 C70T5, done approx 160k, £150 delivered for both. Currently they are still on the car, so I need to get round to removing them.

T5n00b
Tuesday 1st December 2009, 13:10
Pm'd Ruffe, asking for the 850R price and things. Im a bit of a woose when it comes to "wrong" parts, can i confirm that this will just slap in?