PDA

View Full Version : Kick the Tyres BBQ II Review

Bison
Saturday 11th June 2005, 21:29
Well got to the BBQ, at around 1pm, met up with Wobbly and the Judge Ninja.
Overall it was a good turn out, I turned up in my shorts! (well it was boiling hot sunshine when i left the house). Nice to meet all the guys, Viking I will be in contact about the horn removal, Not only did I have a nice bit of grub (Thankyou Dave, Loved the Hot Sauce!) but I also am the proud new owner of Dave's mesh grill!
Went out in Wobbly's motor, very nice, was impressed by the effortless wheelspin (in an auto). Some really nice cars, Justin I love your V70 and loved the S70 next to it, both saffron.
I think I have about 3 billion flies on the front of my car from the motorway journey, but off to Alton towers Monday so won't clean it til I get back.
I'm sure somebody had a camera so expect some photos up in the near future.

Bison

Redbrick
Saturday 11th June 2005, 22:59
Sorry I couldn't make it :(

Made a date and booked a day release pass for Avon Park in July so I will see you all there :)

NugentS
Saturday 11th June 2005, 23:06
Just thought I would add my thanks to Dave for hosting the BBQ and everyone else who turned up.

Thanks for making me welcome.

Sean

splatt
Saturday 11th June 2005, 23:07
Sorry I could'nt be there either...sudden change of circumstance..

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 11th June 2005, 23:11
Despite minor aberations in the weather I had a great day and thanks to everyone who made it. The car park was repleat with Volvo power. I was pleased to be able to take the long way round fetching more gas for the Barby.We gave it some and even with 4 burly blokes my baby was able to amply respond.

After Bison left a few more turned up from down south. Thanks to Ali, Siamblue and everyone for making the effort. I am very happy with the new grill. I think it suits mine more than my modded one (call me old!!).

We then went for an extended drive to fully test my car (with Ali at the wheel - owing to the large amount of stellla I had consumed) and found the tunnels and dual carriage ways of Birmingham, great fun. BOY does she fly!

ALL and I mean ALL the food was demolished and I hope you all enjoyed it.

Engines roared and BBQs smoked - and I have to say a BIG thanks to Hamish for lending me the gas BBQ which made thinks so much easier than last year.

It was a truly awesome sight to see that much Swedish parked in my car park!!

I am completely knackered but v happy.

Thanks to Judge for the gazebo - it made all the difference when the drizzle came,

I will obviously look to next year and hope that we have as good if not better turn out.

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 11th June 2005, 23:16
Sorry I could'nt be there either...sudden change of circumstance..
No worries, there will be other times and I certainly will host another next year!

siamblue
Sunday 12th June 2005, 00:30
Thank you everyone for making myself and my partner welcome,
It was a great day, Sorry we couldn't stay longer but we had to get back because of the children,
Sorry i didn't say goodbye Justin and Ali, But i am sure you stayed out longer than the 15 minutes DEBBIE had allowed you too lol,
I'll be there next year too, Hopefully the weather will be a bit kinder to us.

Gary and Jitt.

Matt30462
Sunday 12th June 2005, 01:20
Back in Silly Suffolk all safe and sound. Please allow Alice and myself to extend our gratitude to Wobbly for his usual Lancastrian hospitality, the welcome as usual was even warmer than the piping hot BBQ.

As always it was great to see everyone and I am under orders from Alice to "not wait so long before we all meet up again"

Thanks again David.

Vikingxl
Sunday 12th June 2005, 07:47
Cheers Dave another good day out.Food and beer were fantastic and the weather wasnt really that bad ,Tiggy enjoyed herself with new friend Simba.Sorry Amanda and Myself had to leave without saying goodbye but as you know we had a family illness over the weekend.We did see you coming back on the 38 though.Justin will have the photos on monday morning so anybody waiting for them shouldnt have to wait too long.It was great to meet up with everyone and hopefully we can all meet up again soon.
Fantastic day anyone who didnt make it missed out.
Rich

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 12th June 2005, 08:36
Link to J'ninja's webspace (http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/judgeninja2/index.html)
Let me know if the link works. been playing with webspace ever since I got home from Dave's
Yep it is now 8:30 the next day....
It's been a long night...

You'll have to find the only link on thr page to find the tempory BBQ pics. Originals are with Justin to be added to Gallery.....

oh yea..... sorry if I got anyones name wrong...........Beverley hills boy..!!!! :haha:

Justin
Sunday 12th June 2005, 11:35
Fantastic to see you all, im so glas Al and Gary made it too, thanks guys.

Judge i have the pics and will go through them later, i have a busy day.

Wobbly did us proud again, and the costs were just covered for the day, some £130 in food and drink. I think we left around 11pm, thoroughly exhausted, full of food and drink lol. I will look forward to next year ;)

Al115
Sunday 12th June 2005, 11:54
Well I had an excellent time!

People...
http://www.naiad.org.uk/pictures/bbq-people.jpg

Volvos...
http://www.naiad.org.uk/pictures/bbq-volvos.jpg

Thanks Gary for the directions ('twill be interesting to see if that was Foggy James on the M40 or not...)

Thanks Dave for organising, cooking, and (most importantly) letting me hoon your car around Birmingham! Loved it.

And thanks to everyone else for making us so welcome. Only downside was the fundamental incompatibility of beer and driving which kept me stone-cold sober for the evening!

Looking forward to the next one already.

Alastair
ps> shut up about my foglights!

Bison
Sunday 12th June 2005, 12:17
By the looks of the Photo's the sun came out after I left, wish I could have stayed a bit longer for photos' and a little play with Dave's car when you lot went for the 2nd drive, oh well, i'm sure we'll have another chance soon.

Bison

Justin
Sunday 12th June 2005, 12:41
Pics are now up, Cheers Judge ;)

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/volvogallery/thumbnails.php?album=174

philt6
Sunday 12th June 2005, 12:59
Looks like everyone had a good time wish i could have made it.
Maybe next year

Andy
Sunday 12th June 2005, 14:39
Sorry couldn't make it Dave :(

Long story!

Glad everyone had a cracking time though

Andy

SaffronC70
Sunday 12th June 2005, 19:32
Cheers Wobbly !

NugentS
Sunday 12th June 2005, 21:37
And I left the bloody tartan blanket. I have been to Daves house twice now - and left something each time!!!

The Bud doesn't count!

Sean

Mrsmopp
Monday 13th June 2005, 08:52
Thanks for a fab day guys!! It was great to see so many of you make the effort! :remybussi

Looking foreward to the next event!!

Big up Wobbley - the food was Fab!

x

V8guitar
Monday 13th June 2005, 09:56
Sorry couldn't make it ( hope you got the e:mail). Looks like you all had a goodtime, the carpark makes quite a sight. I do like saffron....Steve and I had intended on coming, but too much to do on the house ( lots of changes....lots of money...) and he was fitting pipes etc....

Wobbly Dave
Monday 13th June 2005, 11:11
No worries, there is always time for another.

Justin
Monday 13th June 2005, 11:55
Viking T5 has sent me his pics and they are now in the gallery, cheers Rich, some classy shots ;)

lance
Monday 13th June 2005, 12:19
Sorry I coudnt make it! Some cool pics there!
Will try my best 4 next year
:)

Wobbly Dave
Monday 13th June 2005, 18:39
Cheers for the photo's Rich - the cars look fab!