PDA

View Full Version : probs with my v70 t5

jadblobs
Tuesday 24th November 2009, 17:33
Hi all, I need help!, I own a 1997 T5. I will try to give you a bit of a run down first. so since owning the car its had the Lambda light on, I change the air filter, spark plugs, Maf, Lambda sensor reset ecu everything ok for about a month, but car would still not have full boost till about 4. Then saturday lost all power (could not hear turbo spooling) and lambda light came on. Sunday had power back (well a little bit) but light still on. Monday I changed the new Maf for the old one went 12 miles with the light on, stopped for 10min with engine off, then restarted to continue home, and light was off!! great!. Still hear it spooling at around 3 but no power till 4. Then today coming home light came on lost all power, no spooling noise. About 6 miles into journey it started boosting again but not much power and comes on around 4500, light still on. any ideas? is there a boost controller on these cars controlled by the ecu? could this be faulty, seems strange that light come on and then thers no boost and its late spooling up any help would be great

Regards
Jared

p fandango
Tuesday 24th November 2009, 17:42
yes there is a BCS (boost control solenoid) bolted to the side of the airbox.

have you not had the codes read to see what the faults are? I would also check all the boost & vac pipes for leaks

jadblobs
Tuesday 24th November 2009, 17:48
Hi codes are being read next tuesday 40 quid to plug it into a computer!, theres no leaks, it went in a month ago and had a few pipes replaced. is the bcs the small thing with 3 pipes coming from it (might be two going from memory)? could this cause these sort of symptoms?
regards
jared

irf
Tuesday 24th November 2009, 17:53
check the rubber elbow on the left of the inlet manifold kind of under the power steering resovoir.

also check the all the intercooler hoses especially the one that goes into the throttle body as these can split underneath.

does sound like a boost leak.

and yes the bcs is the thing with three pipes coming off it and does tend to need replacing.

siamblue
Tuesday 24th November 2009, 20:54
Whereabouts are you in the Country?

Gary

jadblobs
Tuesday 24th November 2009, 21:31
Whereabouts are you in the Country?

Gary

Hi im near guildford surrey. Ill give the hoses a goo checking over tomorrow.
regards
jared

siamblue
Tuesday 24th November 2009, 23:12
Hi im near guildford surrey. Ill give the hoses a goo checking over tomorrow.
regards
jared

Well Jared, save your £40 and i can read and then remove the codes for you, i am about 65 miles from you if you go around the M25,

Gary

jadblobs
Wednesday 25th November 2009, 07:10
Thanks Gary for the offer, just looked on tom tom and from my house its 74.6mls, I think its a bit to far and pobs cost more than £40 in fuel the way my car drinks it. Thanks for the offer if I change my mind Ill let you know.
thank again
Jared

siamblue
Wednesday 25th November 2009, 15:40
No worries i am here if you need it, that's open to all members,

Gary

jadblobs
Thursday 26th November 2009, 09:56
re-set ecu yesterday left it out all day, fault light went out and drove fine on way home. coming into work this morning drove ok then the turbo just sort of switched off, as if ecu is saying im not allowed it. Im expecting warning light to come on tonight on way home and then itll give me turbo back but it probs wont spool till 4000 this is getting bloody annoying!
Jad