PDA

View Full Version : Vadis

gwammli
Sunday 22nd November 2009, 14:14
Hi all, looking for some help, have got a warning up about SRS airbag needs servicing. Have got on the net nd downloaded VADIS. Will it work with the OBD tool for connection and how do i clear this warning???

Thanks

ky

oh, i got a S60 T5 2001, forgot to mention if it helps

C70 GTT5
Sunday 22nd November 2009, 14:20
i dont drive a volvo just yet but if an airbag needs servicing is this real? at saab when i worked as a tecnision we never had this the only reason we had to reset the light was after an accident when the airbag had gone off? wouldnt be surprised if volvo was different to saab though (i prefer volvo) :)

gwammli
Sunday 22nd November 2009, 14:24
i made the mistake of removing the air con control unit to remove stereo without disconnecting the battery :cry: and now this warning is on. Not ****ed it..... yet!!!

S60-MBS
Sunday 22nd November 2009, 15:46
to connect Vadis to car you will need a VCT2000 or a DiCE costs around £700 for VCT ,Assume DiCE much more.A cheaper BSR PPC will reset the SRS light.

S60
Thursday 3rd December 2009, 16:05
i done the same thing to mine luckily though i had a friend at an independant volvo garage who done a full diagnostic on the car for 20 quid which reset the light if you've got the right connections for connecting vadis to the car then u can turn it off i've got it but not the software to connect it thats why i had to go to my mate

p fandango
Thursday 3rd December 2009, 16:47
when BT's airbag warning light came out the main stealer wouldn't even just read the codes & clear the fault, they wanted the car for the whole day to check out the whole airbag system. I refused there kind offer & foudn out it was a bad connection on the steering wheel rings which is quite common on 850's. I've solved it now by removing the whole airbag system & the warning bub lol

straight5
Thursday 3rd December 2009, 21:30
Hi gwammli. Find somewhere near you that uses autologic diagnostics. I did same as you with my hvac unit, and killed it completely, so consider yourself lucky. Ive been running a borrowed one for a while but not all the controls function properly. Im in York and nearest place for me is DPA in Nottingham. (They were great for me on a past visit, and many people on here will highly recommend them). As it happens Im visiting them next Tuesday, to see if they can reprogramme my original unit, and also turn off my "alarm service required" message.

T5ER
Thursday 3rd December 2009, 21:34
yes srs airbag service is not unheard of mate, strangely enough airbags do have a shelf life (know this when i worked at marhsall volvo they were date stamped)