PDA

View Full Version : misfire

leet5r
Friday 20th November 2009, 23:45
hi guys , i have had the head gasket done and only done 20 miles since its been done , and when a opened it up she has a smal mise fire when it hits full boost , which is not good lol, i havent changed the plugs but will tomo , any ideas with what it could be if its not the plugs or leads cheers

Flatout Phil
Saturday 21st November 2009, 00:02
hi guys , i have had the head gasket done and only done 20 miles since its been done , and when a opened it up she has a smal mise fire when it hits full boost , which is not good lol, i havent changed the plugs but will tomo , any ideas with what it could be if its not the plugs or leads cheers

With all the pulling around of ancient leads, not beyond realms of poss that something electrical is afoot - plug change maybe, or establish misfiring cylinder, then juggle the plugs around to see if it is a duff plug or ignition lead.
Leaky gasket somewhere inlet manifold is always a suspect, although as the head gasket has been done, it does beg the question, what went wrong that it needed to be done? And was a misfire there beforehand?
Misfires can be caused by so many factors that I am sure we could have a list twenty items long and still not get the right one.

leet5r
Saturday 21st November 2009, 00:18
With all the pulling around of ancient leads, not beyond realms of poss that something electrical is afoot - plug change maybe, or establish misfiring cylinder, then juggle the plugs around to see if it is a duff plug or ignition lead.
Leaky gasket somewhere inlet manifold is always a suspect, although as the head gasket has been done, it does beg the question, what went wrong that it needed to be done? And was a misfire there beforehand?
Misfires can be caused by so many factors that I am sure we could have a list twenty items long and still not get the right one.

cheers m8 it split a water hose while doin 100mph amean 30 officer and dropped its water , i fixed the pipe be it must have warped the head cos it was chuckin the water out the header tank lol , av had the head skimmed and pressure checked and all new gaskets only thing av not changed is the plugs and leads , even done the dissy and arm aswell so am a bit lost cos a like goin fast lol

flyingbrick
Saturday 21st November 2009, 08:45
Hi. Go for plugs and leads like you said. That is the cheapest thing mate....

Tomcat
Saturday 21st November 2009, 08:53
Are you sure it's not over boosting?, try turning the boost down slightly. Don't forget that if you've had the head skimmed the compression ratio will have raised slightly.

p fandango
Saturday 21st November 2009, 10:34
Are you sure it's not over boosting?, try turning the boost down slightly. Don't forget that if you've had the head skimmed the compression ratio will have raised slightly.
overboost feels more like an aggressive rev-limiter than a missfire

leet5r
Saturday 21st November 2009, 10:43

i had a quick look at the boost gauge in 2nd gear and it was off the white lol. al give it a go and let you guys know cheers

leet5r
Saturday 21st November 2009, 10:44
overboost feels more like an aggressive rev-limiter than a missfire

it felt as if it was holding back swell , which why i thourght it was a misfire . time for a set of rods next me thinks al let yous know how i get on

leet5r
Saturday 21st November 2009, 16:00
it only seems to missfire under load like if that helps lads. av orded a set of plugs and does any 1 know where to get decent leads from

t5 pete
Saturday 21st November 2009, 17:49
deff plugs ide just get volvo leads give rufe a pm for a price on them

leet5r
Saturday 21st November 2009, 18:15
deff plugs ide just get volvo leads give rufe a pm for a price on them

cheers pete you still after a set of t5r badgers m8 and have you got ya phone handy lol

ikp_77
Sunday 22nd November 2009, 00:06
defo do ya pluggs and leads mate

leet5r
Sunday 22nd November 2009, 02:56
defo do ya pluggs and leads mate

there you are lol where you been hidin haha . toy get ya car sorted then