PDA

View Full Version : Exhausted

Libra
Thursday 19th November 2009, 14:26
Hi guys and gals hows things going. Sorry I have not been on here in a while as I have finally got a job albeit working for John Lewis. Alas, last thursday I had my car booked in to Pilling for its 96K mile cam belt service, which I decided to have done early on a precaution. Glad I did as the service guy phoned me up and said that the bent tensioner broke when they tightened the belt up, and the new part would not be in until the next day. They also said that I needed a new front lower suspension bushes, lower torque engine/gearbox mount, the power steering pump had swollen and the tank was leaking. Luckily I still have the warranty on the car and they paid for the power steering pump and tank. I had the rest done which was added to the bill.

When I cam to pick up my car they gave me a check list of what was done and what there was an advisory on - I need two new front tyres, the n/s/f wheel has a flat spot and my exhaust back box has 'limited life'.

Now I am having the tyres done tomorrow with the recommended brand and type. The alloy I am not sure on what to do as a new one from (st)dealers is £580 inc vat or I might take it to Pristine alloy wheel refurbishes in Woburn Sands who I have used before to see what they say.

Now the latter, the exhaust, Volvo want £560 just for the rear box, now I have done some research and Don and Kalmar Union sells the Ferrita cat back exhaust for £460 which is very tempting (come pay day next week) or I have heard that Heico Sportiv exhaust would keep my warranty, but I have no idea who sells them or how much they cost?

JelT5
Thursday 19th November 2009, 15:00
Heico is great kit but horrendously expensive. I had them send me their price list earlier this year and almost had a heart attack!
Plenty of aftermarket exhausts to choose from, mine is a JT 3" that I got sent from Sweden. It's a decent system, bit of a pig to fit and not stainless like the Feritta. It does have a nice note to it especially in tunnels :D

Libra
Thursday 19th November 2009, 16:04
That settles it then :D