PDA

View Full Version : Load cover

alanscottgraham
Thursday 19th November 2009, 00:31
Hello all,

My charcoal load cover does not retract so managed to pick one up from a scrappy but its beige. can I swap innards over or is it a pain. any thoughts? Thanks Alan..

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 19th November 2009, 08:09
Hiya Alan, you can swap the innards over, but the bits you want are the two ends. This is where they break, but they'll be cream I guess. On the end there should be a small cover about 1cm square, you pop that out and you should be able to see a plastic end with a pin in the middle, you have to push the pin in until it releases the plastic bit. Its a bit hard to explain, you just have to get in there and mess with it.

I repaired mine by fabricating a metal plate and tube for each end then screwing it in, it'll never break again.

Flatout Phil
Thursday 19th November 2009, 08:10
Hello all,

My charcoal load cover does not retract so managed to pick one up from a scrappy but its beige. can I swap innards over or is it a pain. any thoughts? Thanks Alan..

EIther that or swap with someone needing a beige one who has a charcoal one? If there is a way to swap the innards I would like to know. Mind you, I have two broken sets and one working one - but my working one is the muddier shade of beige not the creamier one which would suit my R accurately. I know there are some posts on doing a replacement spigotty thing, but not tried this. They are the one truly cr@p part of the 850.

alanscottgraham
Thursday 19th November 2009, 19:02
Thank's all. going to have a look at the broken one later, should be fun!

Bob France
Friday 20th November 2009, 00:22
I have a good nick charcoal one but want a beige.I will be in the UK around Christmas, can we swap?

Jimmie
Friday 20th November 2009, 09:11
It depends on how bad it is inside normaly you cant repair them.
Check the retaining holes on the side of the car as they will cause the blind to break.

alanscottgraham
Tuesday 24th November 2009, 23:53
Pm'd you Bob