PDA

View Full Version : Serious Oil Leak! Help

Mental Wealth Doctor
Wednesday 18th November 2009, 20:57
Basically been fitting a few bits to the car, ipd droplinks, new springs on front, sub chassis mounts, powerflex lower tourqearm bushes. its when i was under the car i notice major oil leak from somewhere maybe lower sump gasket i thought, any how, i found that a naughty mechanic hadnt put one end of a pipe back and decided to stuff the hose with a bolt and stash it from view! Barsteward, the hose is attached from down on left hand side of inlet manifold, and i think the other end goes down behind manifold somewhere, {but that is bound to be where the oil's coming from me thinks the end thats connected is like an oil breather pipe, anyone know how to locate the home for the other end? or got any pics? or general advice?

storming
Wednesday 18th November 2009, 21:06
You will need to change that first, inlet manfold off.

Tomcat
Wednesday 18th November 2009, 21:12
Sounds like the hose off the PCV system, there's a long hose that goes from the plastic intake pipe that goes to the turbo, under all the gubbins on the side of the engine and around to a plastic pot bolted to the front of the engine(under the intake manifold), Speak to RUFE on here if you need replacement parts, I think the full PCV setup comes to about £70 ish.

Mental Wealth Doctor
Wednesday 18th November 2009, 21:18
cheers peep's