PDA

View Full Version : Powerflex bushes

mat562be
Friday 10th June 2005, 19:19
Does anyone know if Powerflex poly bushes are available for the V70N (2000 on) yet? I am looking to replace the front set on my car, and can't get hold of any...

Cheers.

Tomcat
Friday 10th June 2005, 20:35
Not sure you may have to email them and ask, they only list the 850,V70/S70, S60 no mention of any year.

Contact them on:

http://www.powerflex.co.uk/contactus.asp

TangoDeltaSierra3
Friday 10th June 2005, 23:57
Try www.partsforvolvosonline.com.

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 11th June 2005, 00:48
Powerflex only quoted a top engine stay bush. no other available. Might be worth giving VT a ring to see if anyone else makes them. Let me know as I may want to get hold of some..

colrich
Sunday 19th June 2005, 17:47
Try Stewart at SW Autos, he has been talking to Powerflex about producing a batch. these are for the lower control arm front bush

Straker
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 17:29
Hi Guys

See my post about squeeky bushes on the 850 and general problem pages.

I have powerflex bushes (on my 850) and despite trying normal grease (oilbased) silicone grease and copper slip (that proflex supplies with the kit) they are very squeeky.

As a mod they are great but the noise is getting me down and it's embarassing. Seriously considering going back to the standard bushes unless there is some magic lube out there.

Vasiline has been suggested but that's oil based so I suspect it won't be any better than the grease already tried.

Ay thoughts? :sick:

hamish
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 18:14
Hi,

As yet appears nothing has been developed in the aftermarket ! Speaking from personnel experince I think you will find that poly bushes are totally unnecessary on a road car, and the disadvantages outweight the advantages. i.e increases in road noise and squeaks etc coupled with reduced comfort. I have just brouht into our stock O.E. spec new bottom arms which include new bushes that are a fraction of the cost of the items when sourced from Volvo. If your bottom arm bushes are worn give me a call at VT on 01527 577710. And I should be able to help in restoring the ride and handling of your Volvo.

Regards,
Hamish.

Straker
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 20:21
Would have to disagree about the noise and discomfort as it really does sharpen the front end up as much as a strutt brace I would have said.

However you are correct about the noise, not good.....

siamblue
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 20:52
I got one here waiting to be fitted, My OE top bush is starting to tear a little, Maybe i should help it on its way lol,

Gary

TangoDeltaSierra3
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 22:05
Top engine mount bush does give you rattle on your dash but i can live with that. I'm seriously torn between lowering mine and getting my suspension beefed up but then i'm longing to upgrade to an S60 soon too, wot a dilemma to have lol.... Grrrrrr!

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 00:30
I think PFB's are :pants:s. I think that it is an auditory/perceptive illusion. Busted, old and worn top mounts will give more so I suppose that putting in a PFB will improve it, but no more than a new OEM one. This is only my opinion mind and many others may have other opinions. And they are purple which sucks.

siamblue
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 02:08
As i stated before i have one to fit to my car, Been sat in the Purple box for 18 months now,
Good thing about the PFB is you never have to replace it.

Straker
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 09:28
The top mount doesn't really give any more vibration when driving but then again my original top mount was shag*ed when I replaced it.

however the topmount does noticeably increase start up and shut off shake.

As for suspension bushes see previous comments by myself.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 11:24
The bushes on a cozzy used to go every 2 years so using poly bushes was far more cost effective if you gonna keep a car.

p fandango
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 16:08
old and worn top mounts will give more so I suppose that putting in a PFB will improve it, but no more than a new OEM one
PFB are a made from a lot firmer material

siamblue
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 17:55
I went nexxt door to the garage and said "How much to fit thia little bush?" He looked at it and said " £5" Ok then tomorrow it is lol,

Lovely.

p fandango
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 18:02
I went nexxt door to the garage and said "How much to fit thia little bush?" He looked at it and said " £5" Ok then tomorrow it is lol,

Lovely.
lazy git, you could have done it yourself in an hour :wink:

siamblue
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 18:07
lazy git, you could have done it yourself in an hour :wink:

I haven't got the tools or the patience in this weather Pedro, Plus he has a big press next door,

Gary

p fandango
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 18:16
I haven't got the tools or the patience in this weather Pedro, Plus he has a big press next door
excuses excuses :haha: