PDA

View Full Version : Bosst Gauge Died

paulsimon
Tuesday 17th November 2009, 07:27
Guys, this used to work perfectly but no more.
Can you advise where I should start to look for the cause please?

Thanks

Al115
Tuesday 17th November 2009, 07:59
What's the symptom?

Did you put it in or did someone else?

Analogue or digital gauge?

etc...

Clan998
Tuesday 17th November 2009, 16:03
Is it a standard gauge on the dash ?

If so its probably just a pipe come off .When mine stopped working it was the small white boost hose that ran across the front of the engine bay it had pulled out of a rubber sleeve. Just check the hoses hopefully you'll find the culprit

Good Luck

Rich

Niles
Tuesday 17th November 2009, 17:43
my 'Swoosh' boost gauge snuffed it today. Checked all the vac lines & the turbo's boosting as it should & the needle on the aux gauge duznt move. :worried:

paulsimon
Wednesday 18th November 2009, 00:10
The factory gauge has croaked. I'll check out the white tube stuff and see if thats it.

Thanks guys

woody
Wednesday 18th November 2009, 10:10
Is it a standard gauge on the dash ?

If so its probably just a pipe come off .When mine stopped working it was the small white boost hose that ran across the front of the engine bay it had pulled out of a rubber sleeve. Just check the hoses hopefully you'll find the culprit

That's where I found mine disconnected, just above the main Air inlet ducting. Easy fix buddy.

DuncVolvoTurbo
Wednesday 18th November 2009, 11:11
Mine has done the same thing. Seems like the vac hose has snapped in 2, just behind the passenger side headlight in the small rubbery foam section. Seems like I need over 3 metres of new hose, and it looks like a P.I.T.A. to change!