PDA

View Full Version : HLM remap

storming
Monday 16th November 2009, 22:47
Could someone start a Vote for HLM Remap is or is not value money, only people that have HLM remap can vote, not just all there unpaid Fan club members!

colnotts
Monday 16th November 2009, 22:55
does what is says on the tin well worth the £150
so yes gets my vote.

boycey
Monday 16th November 2009, 23:26
Awesome mate got mine done last year would recommend it to anyone.
Best £150 you can spend.
Really helpfull and they know there stuff.

So YES

C70 GTT5
Monday 16th November 2009, 23:37
Awesome mate got mine done last year would recommend it to anyone.
Best £150 you can spend.
Really helpfull and they know there stuff.

So YESSo what do they do an how much bhp do you gain? is the car set up on a rolling road?

colnotts
Monday 16th November 2009, 23:47
swings and roundabouts ?

cameron
Monday 16th November 2009, 23:48
The RR is charged as extra, the ecu is basically plug n play then a quick test drive to see if its boosting properly.

I would have been there less than an hour if the first ecu had worked but they had to get another from somewhere else, so i hung about in Bromsgrove for a bit. Then hamish adjusted the actuator and added a Pipercross filter.

Took my car from 222bhp up to 257bhp, the drive home was swift to say the least.

But do your homework first ;)

Storm-Troll
Tuesday 17th November 2009, 07:33
When I had my S70R I had mine Remapped by HLM about 3 years ago now... never had a problem... great change to the car... its now owned by another member of this forum who Im sure will say the same.... very quick... I now have an S60 T5. and will be going back up to HLM for my Hybrid Turbo as soon as I have saved up The Money.. I have been going to them for years now all the way from London. and Perosnally. I wouldnt go anywhere else... I stick with who I know and who Im personally happy with work wise and result wise....

Vikingxl
Tuesday 17th November 2009, 10:22
I was very happy with the remap i had on my V70

Pliskin
Tuesday 17th November 2009, 16:54
The best £150 you will spend this year.

Why not ask for a ride in a RICA'd car and see the difference. I am sure one of the guys/gals on here would oblige if they can.

MIKESC70T5
Tuesday 17th November 2009, 17:47
The best £150 you will spend this year.

Why not ask for a ride in a RICA'd car and see the difference. I am sure one of the guys/gals on here would oblige if they can.

He said HLM not Rica :hidesbehi

smithy
Tuesday 17th November 2009, 17:50
ive had a remap done on my v70 2.5t about 4 years ago and that went very well then i modded the hole car and had it remaped by hamish and never had a problem .so from my own personel opinion i would recomend them.also my mate had a 150 pound hamish remap on his 850 t5r and he is more than happy

jez.w
Tuesday 17th November 2009, 18:03
Could someone start a Vote for HLM Remap is or is not value money, only people that have HLM remap can vote, not just all there unpaid Fan club members!

I have an HLM 280 on my 850 auto, transformed it into a quick car. No problems whatsoever. Holds boost just at the end of the boost gauge, and off the end on a cold day. I can use normal unleaded too. I am very pleased with it.

Loadsamiles
Tuesday 17th November 2009, 18:16
When I had my S70R I had mine Remapped by HLM about 3 years ago now... never had a problem... great change to the car... its now owned by another member of this forum who Im sure will say the same.... very quick...

Ermmmm

I was stood there whilst yours was done (you turned up with Stealth) I do believe that you purchased a Rica map from Chiptuning Ltd rather than a HLM map from Hamish Lindsay Motorsport.

Funny how the waters get muddied.

Loadsamiles
Tuesday 17th November 2009, 18:21
I now have an S60 T5. and will be going back up to HLM for my Hybrid Turbo as soon as I have saved up The Money.. I have been going to them for years now all the way from London. and Perosnally. I wouldnt go anywhere else... I stick with who I know and who Im personally happy with work wise and result wise....

The turbo is a fine product, but absolutely does need water injection as the compressor temps are very high. It really can flow, and does flow very well at high rpm.

What I found with mine was that the map (then created by Hamish's and Adam's business) was absolutely dreadful. A 3 year old with an etch-a-sketch could have done better.

Storm-Troll
Tuesday 17th November 2009, 19:02
Ermmmm

I was stood there whilst yours was done (you turned up with Stealth) I do believe that you purchased a Rica map from Chiptuning Ltd rather than a HLM map from Hamish Lindsay Motorsport.

Funny how the waters get muddied.

lol.. sorry mate.. you are correct.. I wasnt thinkin about names and sticks and stones lol.. I was just talkin about the fact that HLM did me car for me. and I was overjoyed with the result.. the guy who started this thread wants his car Tuned. so I was just sayin I had mine Tuned there... wasnt getting into the Love hate Debate lol.....

storming
Tuesday 17th November 2009, 20:14
The turbo is a fine product, but absolutely does need water injection as the compressor temps are very high. It really can flow, and does flow very well at high rpm.

What I found with mine was that the map (then created by Hamish's and Adam's business) was absolutely dreadful. A 3 year old with an etch-a-sketch could have done better.

Is that a yes or NO?

hamish
Tuesday 17th November 2009, 20:26
Is that a yes or NO?

Sorry this wasn't an HLM remap. The base map was a Rica 19T map that Adam of Chip Tuning '£££££££ised', or perhaps he didn't. (Only Adam would really know.)

H

jer,c70
Tuesday 17th November 2009, 20:53
i had my 1999 c70 2.5T with a 19T, big down pipe and stainless,, custom mapped buy hamish last month,
i drove in with a car that felt like a dog and would top out at 135 mph and drove out in a completey different animal that pulls like a train and tops out at 169mph (on the sat nav).
hamish knows really his stuff.

Storm-Troll
Tuesday 17th November 2009, 21:04
Storming, as you will find in all walks of life and all areas.. there are always good and bad reviews. but Im sure you can see from the small minority of ppl who have commented so far that even tho there are a select few who have had bad experiences with HLM the majority as u can see have had a good result, and are more than happy with their results.. Im sure this would be the case with ANY garage. each car is different so each result will be different...but Im possitive you wont be dissapointed with your result Either after you have had your car turned into an Animal lol

paulsimon
Wednesday 18th November 2009, 00:14
That Hamish dude did mine and I'm happy with the result and more importantly, the cost.

JelT5
Wednesday 18th November 2009, 04:14
I have no complaints about my HLM304 map- works very well on my V70T5 in conjunction with the other mods which include a MBC :D

Goodwood
Wednesday 18th November 2009, 10:05
I had Hamish do the 280 HLM remap on my 200000mile 850t5 Auto. He was reluctant to run it on the rolling road due to the mileage, but i am 10000miles down the road and very happy with the results. it drives like a different car. No problems and you cant argue with the price!

alanscottgraham
Wednesday 18th November 2009, 16:28
Do they still do this for £150 very tempted

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 18th November 2009, 17:02
According to their website they do
http://www.hlmtuning.co.uk/offers.html

Loadsamiles
Sunday 22nd November 2009, 02:46
Sorry this wasn't an HLM remap. The base map was a Rica 19T map that Adam of Chip Tuning '£££££££ised', or perhaps he didn't. (Only Adam would really know.)

H

Granted the map was from Chiptuning. Your disastrous venture with Adam (of Turbo Tuner USB fame)

But as to what it was... I've hard allsorts of tales (even from Adam) I'm Sceptical on the 19T map as even an ME7 Rica 19T map wasn't that bad on the AFRs and didn't keep triggering the ECU protection like mine did.

Once I got the MTE map on that turbo it all began to make sense. (and still does)

What I'm curious of is the ability to provide a suitable custom ME7 map for that Turbo.

Now it's mapped for water injection the top end is fantastic.

I'm just offering my experience to Storm Troll as he's looking for a similar unit on an ME7 car. (assuming it's this KKK/cut back 16T Hybrid) Having now done 80,000 miles with this turbo I'm probably in a better position than many to offer a genuine opinion of it's performance.

By all means get the turbo, but FFS get a proper map done. That way you can end up with 390 ft/lb of torque (528 nm) instead of the 308 ft/lbs (418 nm) with the crap map. (same car setup)

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t82/j0u1es/DSC00155.jpg

Torque in Nm not Ft/lb on graph below
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t82/j0u1es/DSC00694.jpg

pjaystar
Sunday 22nd November 2009, 16:33
I talked to Hamish he seemed really helpful and I'm going to buy a remap from him .

Storm-Troll
Sunday 22nd November 2009, 19:01
I'm just offering my experience to Storm Troll as he's looking for a similar unit on an ME7 car. (assuming it's this KKK/cut back 16T Hybrid) Having now done 80,000 miles with this turbo I'm probably in a better position than many to offer a genuine opinion of it's performance.

By all means get the turbo, but FFS get a proper map done. That way you can end up with 390 ft/lb of torque (528 nm) instead of the 308 ft/lbs (418 nm) with the crap map. (same car setup)

Cheers matey. I cant say im really that clued up to the inns and outs of what is needed for this and that... The numbers u quoted do look good... maybe u can PM me and let me know a little more about the water flow etc etc. as I want to get the most out of my car. BUT I dont really know much about whats needed. All I can really do is give it to teh person doing the car and pick it up after.... bit more info would be nice to know so I know what my options are to get the best out of it...
Cheers

ST

850 2.5 10v
Monday 23rd November 2009, 16:36
There you have it.

HLM get the thumbs up!

jt850turbo
Monday 23rd November 2009, 19:43
110% worth every penny.....................

Loadsamiles
Tuesday 24th November 2009, 01:59
Cheers matey. I cant say im really that clued up to the inns and outs of what is needed for this and that... The numbers u quoted do look good... maybe u can PM me and let me know a little more about the water flow etc etc. as I want to get the most out of my car. BUT I dont really know much about whats needed. All I can really do is give it to teh person doing the car and pick it up after.... bit more info would be nice to know so I know what my options are to get the best out of it...
Cheers

ST

No problem.

Babybadger
Wednesday 25th November 2009, 17:54
Mine was done by Chiptuning and seriously gets my vote, and now for £150 you can get a tuneup that sees off most Q cars. Who wouldn't?

What p's me off is they go to Hamish with a sub standard car that is running slightly under and then when they rolling road the car, it doesn't make the Wheel horse power and get sh***y about it. It has happened a few times I am sure. The rolling road means sweet FA unless you race the car, but what it does give is a significant boost, and more MPG and changes/holds gear (AUTO) better...

Make sure you do a Stage 0 tune before bothering with a remap.