PDA

View Full Version : More Problems........!

The Flying Moose
Monday 9th November 2009, 19:17
Hi guys, havnt been around a for a while, been on Holiday Tenerife infact and just got back to find after moving the car from where I left it (central car parks) at Luton its developed a few issues which need urgently fixing.

Firstly the ENGINE SYSTEM SERVICE REQUIRED message has come up, what does this mean??? How bad could it be and whats the course of action?

Secondly you may remember I had an issue with rear brakes a few monoths ago and I replaced the rear pads to try solve it, well its happened again rear near side pads gone to the metal so damaged the discs etc and had to drive 120 miles home from Luton like this (not pretty and completely wrecked!), so my question is how do I fix a seized caliper? do kits like this help? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLVO-S60-V70-S80-SERIES-REAR-CALIPER-REPAIR-KIT_W0QQitemZ380174380954QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Car sParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item588428af9a or is it just a case of replacing the entire caliper.

The car is really starting to cheese me off now as its cost 1k in repairs and maintainance this year after only doing 15k.

All advice and help greatly appreciated as she is currently undriveable :(

Cheers

scooter
Monday 9th November 2009, 19:43
ENGINE SYSTEM SERVICE REQUIRED mine done that when my battery was nearly drained as soon as i took it for a run it stopped well that what happened to mine i could be wrong

The Flying Moose
Monday 9th November 2009, 19:55
ENGINE SYSTEM SERVICE REQUIRED mine done that when my battery was nearly drained as soon as i took it for a run it stopped well that what happened to mine i could be wrong

Well I ran it 120 miles home and it still displayed when I started it the next day, had a battery tester on it so I dont think thats the problem but thanks for the advice ;)