PDA

View Full Version : Radio Problems..

T4 Ben
Sunday 8th November 2009, 18:54
My car has the Double DIN headunit fitted to it and when i turn the radio on, it displays "OFF" on the screen. The previous owner told me he had entered the wrong code 3 times or such like. Is there any way to get the radio working again or is it time for a new one??

Al115
Sunday 8th November 2009, 20:03
I think it's "ask your local Volvo dealer" time for that one. Probably needs to be sent away. I have done this once with a non-Volvo unlocking company, but some cannot do it if the radio has been locked out so check carefully!

cookie
Sunday 8th November 2009, 22:15
check the handbook, IIRC you need to leave iginition in position 1 and radio on (showing OFF) for an hour or something, for it to unlock, then you can re enter code, if you start engine, Move key to postion 2, switch off, or lock doors time starts again. Worth putting a battery charger on car, and leaving car blocked in somewhere, or in a garage

Al115
Sunday 8th November 2009, 22:33
That's true IIRC, but it's also possible to lock it out completely - the previous owner might have tried the "leave the ignition on for x hours" series before.

Let's hope not!

T4 Ben
Monday 9th November 2009, 04:57
Cheers for that, i'll give it a try at some point.

CONDYBOY
Wednesday 18th November 2009, 22:47
My mate had this on a SEAT. He had to leave the key on position 1 for 45 mins and then the radio unlocked ready for the code to be put in. Call a stealer and ask I'm sure they'll let you know. I got the info for my mates car from a stealer by telling them that the young lad in the workshop had locked the radio when he was messing about with it. you could also try that tact and pretend to be a garage owner.lol.

Cubes
Thursday 19th November 2009, 00:03
The dealer can just give you the code there and then for free. He only has to type the VIN into the computer. Providing, ofcourse, it's the original head unit that was fitted when the car was sold

phil_woods
Thursday 19th November 2009, 14:20
I recently replaced my stereo and as suggested if it says offyou need to leave the ignition is pos 1 for an hour. It should then say code which is when you enter the code. If u don't know the code rufe can give u it from the stereo serial no and model.

T4 Ben
Thursday 19th November 2009, 14:41
Cheers for the advice, i'll try that over the weekend, if not i'll drop Rufe a PM..

jimka
Saturday 21st November 2009, 21:21
depends how many times the code has been entered wrongly, I've left mine overnight before and that sorted it. key needs to be on position I if i recall.

T4FLY
Monday 23rd November 2009, 02:43
I have a spare one sitting in a drawer if you need a replacement unit. :B_thumb:

T4 Ben
Saturday 28th November 2009, 08:27
Once again, cheers everyone for your help..

T4Fly

How much do you want for that Radio if i need it??

T4FLY
Saturday 28th November 2009, 18:07
Once again, cheers everyone for your help..

T4Fly

How much do you want for that Radio if i need it??

How does £10+ postage sound?

T4 Ben
Saturday 28th November 2009, 20:25
How does £10+ postage sound?

Blinding my friend, just to double check it is a Double Din CD/Cassette Combi unit isnt it???

T4FLY
Sunday 29th November 2009, 18:38
It is the double DIN but just the cassette and radio one, sorry.:o

Theres a couple on ebay at the mo which might be what you are after?

T4 Ben
Sunday 6th December 2009, 20:08
It is the double DIN but just the cassette and radio one, sorry.:o

Theres a couple on ebay at the mo which might be what you are after?

Hi mate, sorry for the late reply. I am after the CD/Cassette combi but thanks anyway...

scoobysn7x
Sunday 6th December 2009, 23:56
I have a HU 605 (original unit from a T4 double din CD/tape) I'm open to offers if your interested

T4 Ben
Monday 7th December 2009, 20:57
I have a HU 605 (original unit from a T4 double din CD/tape) I'm open to offers if your interested

I am very interested, but honestly dont know what they are worth, and dont want offend you by offering too little...

scoobysn7x
Monday 7th December 2009, 21:49
To be honest no idea what they go for but your wlecome to private message me an offer and we can take it from there