PDA

View Full Version : Fitting Engine Poly Bush

claymore
Sunday 8th November 2009, 17:18
I fitted a polly bush to the top engine mount last week, (what a job), is there a special way to get these in? I could fit the outer easily, but couldn't get the inner one in, so I wraped a strip of silicone hose around the bush then put a large jubilee clip on and tightend it up, bush just slipped in a little way, then I just slackend off the jubili clip, pulled out the strip of silicone hose and pushed the bush in all the way. (that probably makes no sence at all)

p fandango
Sunday 8th November 2009, 17:42
I fitted a polly bush to the top engine mount last week, (what a job), is there a special way to get these in? I could fit the outer easily, but couldn't get the inner one in, so I wraped a strip of silicone hose around the bush then put a large jubilee clip on and tightend it up, bush just slipped in a little way, then I just slackend off the jubili clip, pulled out the strip of silicone hose and pushed the bush in all the way. (that probably makes no sence at all)
the mount is tapered so one side is harder to fit, i used a big nut & bolt & huge washers. Basically kept doing up the nut & bolt to pull the mount into place

claymore
Sunday 8th November 2009, 17:47
Glad to here that, I thought it was something I was doing wrong, once I'd sussed a way to do it, it was really easy.

Big Pete
Sunday 8th November 2009, 17:55
I had to cut the inner edge off mine, was a pain!

Have you upgraded your bulkhead mount, thats the one at the other end of the engine mount? Powerflex do this, but you need the newer Volvo mount to get it to fit, is only about £20 for the newer mount, then about £20 for the Powerflex bush.

Pete!

p fandango
Sunday 8th November 2009, 17:56
Have you upgraded your bulkhead mount, thats the one at the other end of the engine mount? Powerflex do this, but you need the newer Volvo mount to get it to fit, is only about £20 for the newer mount, then about £20 for the Powerflex bush.
i've still to do that one, i'm also going to do the gearbox torque mount as well

claymore
Sunday 8th November 2009, 17:59
I'm happy enough with just the top mount at the moment, makes a hell of a difference th the engine note, I stoped a couple of times to check I hadn't forgot to put something back....lol

Volvostorm
Sunday 8th November 2009, 18:50
I thought that when I first did mine! Now I just enjoy the 5-pot growl! :D

Big Pete
Monday 9th November 2009, 18:25
I'm happy enough with just the top mount at the moment, makes a hell of a difference th the engine note, I stoped a couple of times to check I hadn't forgot to put something back....lol

Yep it makes the engine sound different I think due to the less amount of engine moment possible because of the stiffer mount. If you think that mount makes a difference then you HAVE to change the other mount, this one is awesume!!! However, makes the car dash vibrate a lot more, but really makes the car sound more like a BTCC car inside, I love it!

claymore
Monday 9th November 2009, 18:28
Yep it makes the engine sound different I think due to the less amount of engine moment possible because of the stiffer mount. If you think that mount makes a difference then you HAVE to change the other mount, this one is awesume!!! However, makes the car dash vibrate a lot more, but really makes the car sound more like a BTCC car inside, I love it!

Unfortunately it will never sound like a fiat 5 pot

Big Pete
Monday 9th November 2009, 18:31
i've still to do that one, i'm also going to do the gearbox torque mount as well

Yeah see my post above regarding the Powerflex bulkhead mount. Maybe get it from RT Mechanics as if you ahve the older mount they will if you ask remove the volvo bush which is a HUGE pain and I mean HUGE and replace with the powerflex one all ready for fitment.

Also got to do the gearbox one myself, I see powerflex do the 2 bushings, but list it under V70, but they fit as its the same mount. Can get them from Parts For Volvo Online under V70 aswell about £18.00 each. From what I have heard these are worth upgrading.

Pete!