PDA

View Full Version : Fuelpump?

Volvostorm
Saturday 7th November 2009, 19:24
Was going out this afternoon, stated the car, ran for about half a second, then stopped, tried again, nothing. Thought it was the 850 flooding problem.

Whipped the plugs out, bone dry, nice fat spark, tried to get her to catch on gas, sputtered a bit, so, ok not ignition.

Tried the fuelpump fuse and relay, which clicked in, then tested the wiring to the pump, getting power there. Tried the pump itself, direct fed using a 'power probe' dead! Tapped it, and got a circuit, but still won't pump, so, took it out, and tried it again, it worked! :shockedbi Connected it all back up, the car startsand runs.

Now, does this sound like the beginning of a fuelpump packing up, or, is it something that will forgotten about?

PaulZX
Saturday 7th November 2009, 20:35
yep... happened to me exactly the same... yo might have another 1000 miles in the pump you might have another mile in it... it's an asap job.....

Volvostorm
Saturday 7th November 2009, 20:45
Cheers mate :D

siamblue
Saturday 7th November 2009, 21:18
Paul i have a spare pump here mate, if you want to pm me,

Gary.

p0xy
Sunday 8th November 2009, 13:36
the other week i had to get the rac out as mine kept knacking up.. everytime the pump warmed up it cut out, bought a new one for £170 but that didnt work so took it back got the money back and bought a one off a scrapper for £30 as it had all the casing where as the new one was just the fuel pump itself and it works spot on

p fandango
Sunday 8th November 2009, 15:46
£170 for a new one youch, you can get a Walboro upgrade pump for £65 off fleabay

Volvostorm
Wednesday 11th November 2009, 13:47
RIP fuel pump, she died this morning! :cry::cry:

siamblue
Thursday 12th November 2009, 01:29
Hi Paul my internet has been down for 2 days just got it back up and running now i have your address i will get the pump out to you tomorrow,

Gary

Volvostorm
Saturday 14th November 2009, 13:56
Are all these pumps the same? i.e 2.0, 2.3, 2.5

I gonna go up the scrappy tomorrow, some info will be handy, bear in mind that my car only uses petrol for about 3/4mile a day.