PDA

View Full Version : 40mm lowering kit from kalmar union?

Johnny5
Saturday 7th November 2009, 00:49
I have just purchased a 40mm drop kit for the 850 from kalmar union (£107 inc vat)

Just a quick question on the rear springs, is it possible to compress and remove the rear springs without too much hassle? i.e not dropping the whole rear axle out????

J5

Ed.
Saturday 7th November 2009, 00:58
Which kit did you get? What are you doing with the old R springs? Could possibly be interested in them if they are in decent condition and at the right price.

Dunno if you can remove the springs in the way you suggested. Does your car have nivomats? That could make a difference to your answer.

Ed

Johnny5
Saturday 7th November 2009, 02:02
Which kit did you get? What are you doing with the old R springs? Could possibly be interested in them if they are in decent condition and at the right price.

Dunno if you can remove the springs in the way you suggested. Does your car have nivomats? That could make a difference to your answer.

Ed

Not got nivo's, and never fitted the springs cos they were standard ones, the guy who sold them on ebay didnt know what he was talking about lmao! anyway they were only £10 so nothing ventured etc etc lmao

Niles
Saturday 7th November 2009, 09:10
rear spring removal...... undo the nut on the bottom of the mount, undo the nut holding the bottom of the shock to the rear subframe. Release the shock from the bottom, after wiggling & jiggling the spring should come out without spring compressors etc. Refit is also possible without compressors. Did mine last week.

Al115
Saturday 7th November 2009, 12:32
Yep - as the man says. Easy as pie to do the rears :)

Johnny5
Sunday 15th November 2009, 22:57
Thanks guys! Yeah job done! Undone the lower shock nut, jacked up the body at the back and slipped them out! Nice and easy! Not so for the fronts grrrrrrrr i HATE using spring compressors period! But anyway, fronts done now! Sits much better now! And it clears the speed bumps im my area 2!
I do have now though 2 whole sets of springs for an 855, so any offers for them????

Regards
J5