PDA

View Full Version : Refurbish my knob or get a new one?

Flatout Phil
Wednesday 4th November 2009, 21:57
Any ideas on refurbishing my cream beige leather gear knob? All filthy minded thoughts will be laughed at of course, but I am looking for some serious ideas - the leather is blackened in parts. May need resurfacing, anyone recommend any techniques or companies that can do this. If not, anyone got a clean and smart one? I dare say Simon may know if these are still available thru Volvo...

Storm-Troll
Wednesday 4th November 2009, 22:52
might sound funny mate but I have a cream interior and whenever i got stains on the seat. or cream interior I used a vanish stick that you would use to rub on clothes with stains.. and got everything out and made it look brand new.. use a nail brush with vanish rubbed into the bristles make it damp and give the stick a scrub.. leave it to dry and it will come up as good as new.... 100% tested works great mate....

daveforber
Wednesday 4th November 2009, 23:49
Others have recommended http://www.liquidleather.com/liquidl.htm. Not used it myself to confirm though.

Plenty of generally useful leather care information there too. Obviously selling their products mind! I particularly like the slating of Kim & Aggie :P

Flatout Phil
Wednesday 4th November 2009, 23:57
Others have recommended http://www.liquidleather.com/liquidl.htm. Not used it myself to confirm though.

Plenty of generally useful leather care information there too. Obviously selling their products mind! I particularly like the slating of Kim & Aggie :P

Looks very interesting - although I must say that 'Photo One' looks slightly rude...

Flatout Phil
Saturday 7th November 2009, 17:28
I am pleased to say that the wife has been out polishing my knob this afternoon and it's come up a treat....

Gear knob, you diiirrttttty minded so and sos!

Storm-Troll
Saturday 7th November 2009, 17:34
what did said misses use to Polish ya knob Matey lol????? Spit and Polish or something better?:rally_dri

Flatout Phil
Saturday 7th November 2009, 17:38
what did said misses use to Polish ya knob Matey lol????? Spit and Polish or something better?:rally_dri

A stiff brush and some cream....

Storm-Troll
Saturday 7th November 2009, 18:02
lol sounds like she did a good job. cant beat stiff brush and cream lol

Flatout Phil
Saturday 7th November 2009, 18:07
Well, I was certainly pleased with the results. She had to work it quite hard, to get the required result I wanted, really put her back into it to bring it up to a gleaming finish. Now off to sort out that worn bush Mr Gimlet....