PDA

View Full Version : std vs remap

Ed.
Tuesday 3rd November 2009, 23:42
After 3 years of owning remapped cars, i put a std ecu back into my car tonight. It felt so slow, even though a standard t5 isn't really that slow.

For anyone who is considering a remap, do it, you just don't know what you are missing out on!

Ed

Rnash2002
Wednesday 4th November 2009, 07:53
I would second this,with a map the car drives so well off boost and for a added bonus you get better MPG lol

lance
Wednesday 4th November 2009, 10:05
Yeap, I whole heartedly agree

p fandango
Wednesday 4th November 2009, 11:34
MBC it :mischievo

woking rob
Wednesday 4th November 2009, 18:16
cool im looking a getting a remap or a chip or something
where is the best place to go?
does any1 no wot the chips r like off of ebay?
i live in woking surry so the closer the better lol
thank u for any help

alanscottgraham
Wednesday 4th November 2009, 18:16
can anyone recommend a good MBC, seems to be a few different makes on ebay. but do they all do the same thing? easy to fit? mines done loads of miles too (183k) so not sure i shoud mess with it

Rnash2002
Wednesday 4th November 2009, 18:39
cool im looking a getting a remap or a chip or something
where is the best place to go?
does any1 no wot the chips r like off of ebay?
i live in woking surry so the closer the better lol
thank u for any help

Theres a few mappin places around your way,wouldnt touch the ebay chips.
Kalmar Union (MTE Remaps, Tuning & Other Performance Items)
www.swautos.co.uk/

can anyone recommend a good MBC, seems to be a few different makes on ebay. but do they all do the same thing? easy to fit? mines done loads of miles too (183k) so not sure i shoud mess with it

The R spec is a good one,dont go for the bleed valves,you want a mbc with a metal ball bering inside.

p fandango
Wednesday 4th November 2009, 18:46
a few people have had issues with the R-spec MBC & not being able to get the boost high enough becuase the spring is too weak

as said avoid buying a bleed valve which looks very similiar to a MBC but has 3 pipe terminals, were as a MBC only has 2

Bob France
Wednesday 4th November 2009, 22:43
JELT5, a forum member on here has an mbc on his V70 and his has been pretty reliable apparently.Not sure who he bought it from but it wasn't silly money as I recall.

C70 GTT5
Thursday 5th November 2009, 19:26
i have always been told that you will get alot better results from a re-map than a chip, every car is different slightly an when you get your car re-mapped it is suited to only your car e.g would you buy size 10 shoes off ebay an expect them to be a perfect fit or would you go to a shop an try a few pairs on? :)

Flatout Phil
Thursday 5th November 2009, 22:32
After 3 years of owning remapped cars, i put a std ecu back into my car tonight. It felt so slow, even though a standard t5 isn't really that slow.

For anyone who is considering a remap, do it, you just don't know what you are missing out on!

Ed

I could not agree more!!! :beer: